Ketokonazole Question

Reaction score
Can I put Ketokonazol shampoo ONLY on the receeding areas? and then wash with another shampoo? Tried Nizoral which makes my hair dry, tried Regenepure which makes my hair look thinner and weak, was wondering if it would work just the same if I put the shampoo on my receeding area for 5 minutes, and then added normal shampoo to finish the wash so my entire head doesn't look dry or thin, thanks.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Its probably fine the shampoos dont make much of a difference anyways. Ive never seen much evidence personally that keto works as well as rogaine like some studies claimed

Rudolphus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't expect much by way of results from keto shampoo. It is extremely weak as a male pattern baldness treatment. I'm not convinced it does anything at all to be honest. Unless you're using Finasteride or Dutasteride, you're going to go bald.

Shobi

Reaction score
Cowboyunlimited - ketoconazole (nizoral ) is a part of big 3 ...i think u should use it twice a week nd i m sure dat after 2 months ur hair fair will stop....but add some multivitamins in ur regimen nd minoxidil too!!!!...i m using ketoconazole 2% shampoo twice a week ...i hv only used it for 3 weeks nd my hair fail has decreased ..i think after 2 month it will stop my hair loss completely....all d the bst dude nd yes i apply ketoconazole on my whole upper area...for sides nd back i use another shampoo...

Reaction score
Thanks for your answers guys but none of you really answered my question of "Can I put Ketokonazol shampoo ONLY on the receeding areas? and then wash with another shampoo?"
Finasteride has too much side effects and it is putting me off so it is a big decision for me to take that, meanwhile it is best for me to use the stuff that has no side effects such as the shampoo.

Shobi

Reaction score
Cowboyunlimited - look at my answer i hv answered ur ques too

- - - Updated - - -

Nd same here dude afraid of finasteride. Sides ...my dr. Has prescribed me minoxidil 5% keto 2% nd 2 multivitamins capsules nd finasteride 1.25 mg but i dont wanna take finasteride. Becoz of sides...i m going to strt my regimen from thursday ...i m thinking to replace finasteride. With s5 cream ..tomorrow i m going to my dr. To talk about these sexual finasteride. Sides..nd then i will decide wat i hv to do nd remember dat u r not alone:) :)

jbrog1987

Established Member
Reaction score
Don't expect much by way of results from keto shampoo. It is extremely weak as a male pattern baldness treatment. I'm not convinced it does anything at all to be honest. Unless you're using Finasteride or Dutasteride, you're going to go bald.
Well keto is supposed to be effective in reducing inflammation and reducing inflammation can only help with the efficacy of treatment. i don't know the extent inflammation plays in hair loss but I can assure you it's not good. Also it's supposedly a mild anti-androgen but again I don't know how much evidence there is to support this (and how mild is "mild"). Keto's supposed to be an effective side arm/complimentary piece of the male pattern baldness arsenal and not a stand alone treatment for hairloss.

Shobi

Reaction score
I hv bald spot on my middle of head nd u cn see my scalp from sides...plz anyone tell me does male pattern baldness affects back hair also???