Ketoconazole Shampoo 2% + Aloe Vera (with pictures)

lucas.renoh

Reaction score
Hello, folks!

Let me introduce myself with some info: I'm a member of a great brazilian forum about hair loss, whose owner is Dr. Milton Peruzzo Jr, a famous and very honest plastic surgery doctor here who likes to help out people no matter where they are. Our community is big and we are, like here, always looking for good treatments and discussions on articles to help ourselves.

There always happened to have a lot of discussion about Aloe Vera plant between the members. Mainly because this plant seems to help the scalp recovery, and I guess you are all used to this important relation to Androgenetic Alopecia.

You may all be used too to the relation of the ketocozonale shampoo treatment and Androgenetic Alopecia, and it's impressive to see the pictures we've got on researches.

I'm here not to show my success (YET! :mrgreen:) but to show a success of a member of this forum. This guy said he used to use finasteride (1mg/day), avicis (17-alpha-estradiol, like avixis and ell cranell) and minoxidil but had a small progress using them, so he decided to give a last shoot in the treatment using only ketocozonale shampoo 2% and Aloe Vera plant.

This two pictures are BEFORE the new treatment:
2069891690_dfd1908b20.jpg

2069890010_f55834ed82.jpg

He started this new treatment on August 2007 and I remember he saying he was having some improvement in just 10 days, but it was just too early to judge.

Yesterday he posted a new picture of his actual situation and, wow, this is WONDERFUL:
2069870096_33f4c61736.jpg

2069867800_0d8215ad0e.jpg

Well, we don't know what's really helping him, the plant, ketoconazole or both. I'm putting his success here because perhaps it can help some here (I'm gonna try this treatment, as I only tried ketoconazole shampoo once) and you can have some discussion about this case.

He says there are a lot of small hairs still growing up and thickening. He's very happy with the result and we are all excited asking him some other questions about some more details of this treatment.

It's being a very good improvement in a very critical area to be recovered.

Best Regards,
Lucas.

CORRECTION:
Changed "never had any progress" to "had a small progress".

klaus

Established Member
Reaction score
wow, very impressive
but, it is very strange, you knows the real situation of this guy?
he is a Androgenetic Alopecia surferer really?

IHateIt

Reaction score
Maybe some cases of dermatitis could simulate male pattern baldness by "killing" the weak hairs. And the Aloe Vera would cure it.
I myself think sometimes I have a case like this. Because I have diffuse hair loss and no case of hair loss in my family.
It's worth a try. At least it will make the hair look nice even if no regrowth is seen.

Also, have you people ever seen that Aloe vera is used in cases of skin burning? And have you noticed that a burnt skin never grows hair?
So, using the Aloe Vera on bald skin may have the same effect of skin regeneration.
What do you think about my theory?

lucas.renoh

Reaction score
I've been thinking about his case, but I cannot believe he has no Androgenetic Alopecia, because you can see vellus and thinning hair everywhere and this is a classic "state of the art" of Androgenetic Alopecia.

My guess is that he was very f***** up with dermatitis and other scalp problems and then Alove Vera (and the shampoo) came to help him out solving (or controlling) those problems and created some good reaction of the remaining hairs.

We are still asking him some questions about how long it took for him to get the situation of the first two pictures, etc.

IBM

Reaction score
You're using dutasteride. You forgot to put it on the post's subject.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
It's probabily not even male pattern baldness that caused the hair loss.

IHateIt

Reaction score
Then what was it? If not male pattern baldness? The pattern is very common. The temples, and so on...

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I don't understand why would that combo even be considered as a last resort? What made him think that nizoral + Aloe Vera would do anything? Just so everyone knows I use a Aloe Shampoo ((http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=as2&tag=hoibehalo-20&linkId=FHDV3VMO6ZWZQWT5) as a prewash before using Nizoral, and I don't think it's done anything. My using Aloe Shampoo before nizoral is just a coincidence....I did not start doing this b/c of this post. This doesn't necessarily mean you should count nizoral + Aloe Vera out. What Aloe Vera did he use? Did he mix it with Nizoral? Was it 100% pure? spironolactone shampoo makes more sense than this even though he has pictures.

IHateIt

Reaction score
He used the aloe plant itself. You cut the plant, and pass that gel that it has inside it on your scalp and leave it there.
I think industrialized products with aloe vera will not have the same effect. You must use the plant in natura.
And the keto shampoo, I guess 3x a week.

lucas.renoh

Reaction score
ripple-effect said:
I don't understand why would that combo even be considered as a last resort?
Because he was tired of not getting the things he thought he would. He said he was planning a surgery soon and after this result, he does not think about it any more.

ripple-effect said:
What made him think that nizoral + Aloe Vera would do anything?
Well, researches point out keto as a really good adjunct to Androgenetic Alopecia treatment. You can check some pictures of those researches, and they are impressive. But he said an important thing: "I first used Aloe Vera for some days and I already noticed good things coming up. After some time I added the keto shampoo and I kept both".

I think he was keeping just a few things as he was planning a surgery.

ripple-effect said:
Just so everyone knows I use a Aloe Shampoo ((http://www.walgreens.com/store/product. ... ingredient) as a prewash before using Nizoral, and I don't think it's done anything.
People avoid shampoo and other products with Aloe Vera and prefer the plant gel itself. For some reason, I don't see anyone having success with those, but only with the plant in-natura.

ripple-effect said:
What Aloe Vera did he use? Did he mix it with Nizoral? Was it 100% pure? spironolactone shampoo makes more sense than this even though he has pictures.
There are a lot of keto shampoos here in Brazil. Nizoral is hard to find, and the most common keto shampoos here are 2%.

The Aloe Vera plant is this short one:
babosa.jpg

lucas.renoh

Reaction score
ripple-effect said:
Screw that. Too much hassle....Id rather use Rogaine :agree:
Considering that you can have Aloe Vera at your home for free and grow it, and that it makes you hair look better with just a few days, because it has a lot of good properties to the scalp and hairs, it's really wonderful. You can use this gel, people say it gets dry soon, and sleep. In the morning you wash your hair. It may not make your hair regrow like this guy had, but you won't lose anything if you use it. I guess it worths a try, especially if you've never used it in your life.

About the keto shampoo, well, researches speak by themselves.

I confess that when I first saw his message about feeling the hairs better with the aloe vera, I thought: "it cannot be possible, how come? If those proved-to-work products haven't helped him like this, it cannot be possible". But after some months he came up with these pictures that really show a pretty good recovery and I'm jealous. :innocent:

I don't believe he's lying. Why would he? There's no reason.

And I posted his case here to find others with the same success with this plant and maybe with the combination with keto shampoo.

I told him to keep some anti-androgenic lotion or finasteride to help him keep what he's gotten. Would be very good and could help even more.

Jerry Altman

Reaction score
Hi everyone

A simple and effective way to use Aloe Vera is as dry extract 200:1 made by liofilization (that preserves the natural charactreistics and of the plant's gel).

A 200:1 means that it have concentration 200 times more than the ALoe Vera natural plant's gel. If you dissolve into water at 0,5% or 1% it will got the viscous aspect of the original ALo Vera gel.

The company made this 200:1 extrato with high quality: http://www.puraloe.com.br/en/
Go to products>> ALoe Vera 200:1

It's a lot more practcal than search for ALoe Vera leaves and cut, and apply the cuted piece in the head trying to get the gel.

This 200:1 extract it's also used in capsules, as nutrient extra supply. It's recomended 100mg per day.

I hope this helped

Regards

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Really interesting...is it one of the answer of the Double A treatment?? :punk:

TonyTheTiger

Established Member
Reaction score
lucas.renoh said:
Hello, folks!

Let me introduce myself with some info: I'm a member of a great brazilian forum about hair loss, whose owner is Dr. Milton Peruzzo Jr, a famous and very honest plastic surgery doctor here who likes to help out people no matter where they are. Our community is big and we are, like here, always looking for good treatments and discussions on articles to help ourselves.

There always happened to have a lot of discussion about Aloe Vera plant between the members. Mainly because this plant seems to help the scalp recovery, and I guess you are all used to this important relation to Androgenetic Alopecia.

You may all be used too to the relation of the ketocozonale shampoo treatment and Androgenetic Alopecia, and it's impressive to see the pictures we've got on researches.

I'm here not to show my success (YET! :mrgreen:) but to show a success of a member of this forum. This guy said he used to use finasteride (1mg/day), avicis (17-alpha-estradiol, like avixis and ell cranell) and minoxidil but had a small progress using them, so he decided to give a last shoot in the treatment using only ketocozonale shampoo 2% and Aloe Vera plant.

This two pictures are BEFORE the new treatment:
2069891690_dfd1908b20.jpg

2069890010_f55834ed82.jpg

He started this new treatment on August 2007 and I remember he saying he was having some improvement in just 10 days, but it was just too early to judge.

Yesterday he posted a new picture of his actual situation and, wow, this is WONDERFUL:
2069870096_33f4c61736.jpg

2069867800_0d8215ad0e.jpg

Well, we don't know what's really helping him, the plant, ketoconazole or both. I'm putting his success here because perhaps it can help some here (I'm gonna try this treatment, as I only tried ketoconazole shampoo once) and you can have some discussion about this case.

He says there are a lot of small hairs still growing up and thickening. He's very happy with the result and we are all excited asking him some other questions about some more details of this treatment.

It's being a very good improvement in a very critical area to be recovered.

Best Regards,
Lucas.

CORRECTION:
Changed "never had any progress" to "had a small progress".

this is BS he took finasteride or dutasteride, there is no way your hair is gonna grow like that this is crazy!

If he really did use the aloe plant what did he do leave the gel in over night on his scalp? Me I would have to wash my hair 2 times a day then cause I have to style it before I go to school and work.

ill try this but I hope my hair doesnt fall out, hope it works.

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
this is BS he took finasteride or dutasteride, there is no way your hair is gonna grow like that this is crazy!

If he really did use the aloe plant what did he do leave the gel in over night on his scalp? Me I would have to wash my hair 2 times a day then cause I have to style it before I go to school and work.

ill try this but I hope my hair doesnt fall out, hope it works.

Lol, I don't know why you call this BS and then decide to try it yourself. If you think it's "BS" then you wouldn't try it at all.