Ketoconazole has done miracles for me

Lokus423

My Regimen
Reaction score
After much frustration I finally decided that I can’t live like this so I did some research and bought Ketoconazole shampoo, with a lot of skepticism. I used it on my hair the other day for 5-10 min then I used a good conditioner to counteract the dryness and four days later the results have been magical! I no longer shed hair, there are no visible flakes on my scalp, I can finally, since before puberty, brush my hand against my hair without having flakes fall like snow and hair shed. I can confidently say that the shedding has stopped by 90% which is incredible. This has made me wonder: can persistent dandruff and scalp inflammation be behind hair loss in some men?

It’s only been four days and I hope I don’t jinx it because of this post but I’m really wondering if anyone else has been through the same thing as me and if so has the results persisted? I’m going to use Ketoconazole 2-3 a week now.

Last edited:

I wont lose this

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It definitely can, at least in my experience. When I used ketoconazole I also had good results and my scalp was really clean, but after some weeks it became too dry and the itchiness then was due to it. Unfortunately I've had to terminate the regimen. Tried to use it again these days but as soon as I left the shower the itchiness started and I could feel my scalp tight, probably a side effect of keto. But yeah, whenever I have dandruff flare ups or folliculitis I shed like a mf, it's depressing to be honest because I guess that at some point my follicles will just die of being so much exposed to inflammation from time to time.

Lokus423

My Regimen
Reaction score
It definitely can, at least in my experience. When I used ketoconazole I also had good results and my scalp was really clean, but after some weeks it became too dry and the itchiness then was due to it. Unfortunately I've had to terminate the regimen. Tried to use it again these days but as soon as I left the shower the itchiness started and I could feel my scalp tight, probably a side effect of keto. But yeah, whenever I have dandruff flare ups or folliculitis I shed like a mf, it's depressing to be honest because I guess that at some point my follicles will just die of being so much exposed to inflammation from time to time.
Do you believe one should use Ketoconazole as a preventative treatment rather then an active treatment for hair growth and DHT blockage? I’ve read people on this forum who use it everyday or every other day and that sounds excessive to me. Maybe I should follow the recommendation on the bottle to only use it 2 times a week for the first 4 weeks and then only once a week indefinitely to minimize the risk of developing side effect?

Ketoconazole has done wonders for me in just four days and I would like to be able to use it for as long as I can without developing sides

pochkopmo

My Regimen
Reaction score
After much frustration I finally decided that I can’t live like this so I did some research and bought Ketoconazole shampoo, with a lot of skepticism. I used it on my hair the other day for 5-10 min then I used a good conditioner to counteract the dryness and four days later the results have been magical! I no longer shed hair, there are no visible flakes on my scalp, I can finally, since before puberty, brush my hand against my hair without having flakes fall like snow and hair shed. I can confidently say that the shedding has stopped by 90% which is incredible. This has made me wonder: can persistent dandruff and scalp inflammation be behind hair loss in some men?

It’s only been four days and I hope I don’t jinx it because of this post but I’m really wondering if anyone else has been through the same thing as me and if so has the results persisted? I’m going to use Ketoconazole 2-3 a week now.
Definetly. There's studies going around that find a correlation between certain scalp microbiota and inflammation, inflammation leads to DHT and so on. Malessezia seems to be one of the mayor culprits, but if I recall properly it was not certainly know if it proliferated due to the excess DHT, or if it's the cause of it per se either ways, good scalp higiene goes a long way.

Something I've been wondering though is if the Ketoconazole's "dryness" and "irritation" is truly due to the Keto or a product of the cheap SLS that is usually added to all keto shampoos I've seen.

I wont lose this

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Definetly. There's studies going around that find a correlation between certain scalp microbiota and inflammation, inflammation leads to DHT and so on. Malessezia seems to be one of the mayor culprits, but if I recall properly it was not certainly know if it proliferated due to the excess DHT, or if it's the cause of it per se either ways, good scalp higiene goes a long way.

Something I've been wondering though is if the Ketoconazole's "dryness" and "irritation" is truly due to the Keto or a product of the cheap SLS that is usually added to all keto shampoos I've seen.
I use keto 2% alone, the medical shampoo, since there is no nizoral here in my country. Still, it's really harsh to the scalp and hard to apply, especially if you have medium length hair

I wont lose this

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
D
Do you believe one should use Ketoconazole as a preventative treatment rather then an active treatment for hair growth and DHT blockage? I’ve read people on this forum who use it everyday or every other day and that sounds excessive to me. Maybe I should follow the recommendation on the bottle to only use it 2 times a week for the first 4 weeks and then only once a week indefinitely to minimize the risk of developing side effect?

Ketoconazole has done wonders for me in just four days and I would like to be able to use it for as long as I can without developing sides
Don't know to be honest... I guess it depends on the aggressiveness of your hair loss.

Unacknowledged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Same experience

jake_b

Established Member
Reaction score
It can definitely help. It not a stand-alone amazing treatment but I’ve been using it for years and it definitely cuts inflation and itching and shedding for me

Paul C

My Regimen
Reaction score
I started using it this year and it’s the first and only thing I have ever tried. I’ve been using 3x per week and I’ve found it has improved my hair. I feel like I’ve stopped shedding and had a bit of RW growth and thicker hair.

Someone mentioned side effects. Are there supposed to be side effects of using ketaconazole?

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score

Ketoconazole have proved anti androgenetic effects and this is how it works on Androgenetic Alopecia. Check for the Japanese study photos done with cream for male pattern baldness. But, dumb people use RU from a home made lab in China instead of ketoconazole.
1634997788107.jpeg