Ketoconazole Did Give Me Libido Issues.

JustAnotherNoob

Established Member
Reaction score
I started a thread a while back and I thought it was minoxidil that was giving me low libido issues, I was using lipogaine at the time and lipogaine has anti-dht chemicals in it as well. It was not in my head, I didnt last long, and I was not waking up like I used to, and I did not feel as strong as I normally do down there. I'm in my mid 20s, this shouldnt have been a problem, especially at the time I started this (around 20). Well, it's been two years since I stopped taking everything except my ketoconazole shampoo. I felt way better off of lipogaine, but I still didnt feel 100%.

Just recently I decided to start minoxidil again, this time just using rogaine foam and not the kirkland stuff. Before I switched off of minoxidil I switched to kirkland foam and I recall throughout my entire 1-2 years of using minoxidil I had INSANE dandruff that nizoral could not cure. I was also using my keto shampoo 3x a week maybe even more (I used Pura Do'r, now I have the "Big three" shampoo on amazon). I'm almost two months into starting rogaine foam again, and within the first week of using it I cut out nizoral because I realized that it is probably the PG that was giving me the crazy dandruff and scalp itch since I do not have those issues anymore. And I also wanted to test my theory if nizoral was giving me issues.

I realized something. Two-three weeks after I stopped touching my nizoral shampoo, I feel different. I'm waking up stronger, i'm in bed better, and i'm hanging more than i normally do. Still don't feel like I did when I was 19, but that's probably because i'm 7 years older now.

You can take this with a grain of salt, but i've thoroughly "mentally documented" this because it's been very frustrating, and I feel like I have discovered that maybe I am hyper-sensitive to ketoconazole. So, I think i'm going to avoid dht blockers until a new procedure comes out. Felt like sharing this with everyone because I know everyone thinks it's crazy.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is not possible that Ketoconazole shampoo killed libido as it is not a DHT blocker like you stated and this has never been documented as an actual side effect as far as I can tell via Google. It's side effects are all skin-related.

Same deal with minoxidil, for the most part.

Based on your misunderstanding of Keto, I'm going to be that guy who says it's all in your head or some other issue.