ketoconazole ant andro

brian liles

Reaction score
is nizoral shampoo really that affective? I know used by itelf is useless, but complements propecia, or propecia, rogaine, and nizoral.

but does nizoral have any anti androgenic properties on the scalp level, or are we just wastig money on it?

jh

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't think keto shampoos are worthless at all. A couple of studies found it, in both 1 and 2 percent concentrations, to regrow about as much hair as 2% minoxidil. Keep in mind that this is without leaving it on the scalp for 5 or more minutes.

Likewise, there was a very small study with a keto lotion from Japan, I think. If I remember correctly about half got significant regrowth. If you do a search for it, I bet you'll be able to find the pics. They're impressive.

I don't think anyone understands the mechanisms by which keto grows hair. A guy on here tested Nizoral on wrist hair. Instead of reducing the wrist hair as expected, the opposite happened: the hair grew longer, thicker and darker. Most likely, keto has hair growth stimulating properties separate from any effect on androgens.

abcdefg

Reaction score
There are a lot of things like shampoos and supplements that have a few studies showing they help with hair loss. Nizoral is one of them and since its a cheap shampoo the thought is basically why not just use it? Is it as important as rogaine or propecia I would argue no, but someone else could argue yes. You may as well use it but if your not using propecia your just going to go bald slowly anyways.