Kerastem Hair Growth Data Presented At 2015 International Society of Hair Restoration

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Anyone interested in enrolling in purported studies if/when finally offered in EU or abroad might want to first ascertain criteria for volunteers. Eg: Are present finasteride/minoxidil. users disqualified from phase to program?

Naturally one would expect all pre/requisite(s) will be disclosed by a closer date to the purported study.

Even still I recall a not so recent study that strictly sought (Androgenetic Alopecia)volunteers who were treatment free of all (finasteride/min)respective hair loss therapies in general, for better than 6 months out from observation date. Something maybe for our prospective participant might want to prepare for well in advance, if the opportunity comes?

So with respect to the diminutive number of patients initially treated and followed (6 at 6 months) I found two things especially unique (so far) One being the claim of 100% patient response. Secondly, the fact that both genders were included is overall positive for all afflicted.

I never recommend anyone putting their cart before the horse, but we can cautiously hope STYLE/Keratem ph. 2 clinical prove as good as findings demonstrate here and will be available for "affordable" commercial release SOON.

alscarmuzza

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone interested in enrolling in purported studies if/when finally offered in EU or abroad might want to first ascertain criteria for volunteers. Eg: Are present finasteride/minoxidil. users disqualified from phase to program?

Naturally one would expect all pre/requisite(s) will be disclosed by a closer date to the purported study.

Even still I recall a not so recent study that strictly sought (Androgenetic Alopecia)volunteers who were treatment free of all (finasteride/min)respective hair loss therapies in general, for better than 6 months out from observation date. Something maybe for our prospective participant might want to prepare for well in advance, if the opportunity comes?

So with respect to the diminutive number of patients initially treated and followed (6 at 6 months) I found two things especially unique (so far) One being the claim of 100% patient response. Secondly, the fact that both genders were included is overall positive for all afflicted.

I never recommend anyone putting their cart before the horse, but we can cautiously hope STYLE/Keratem ph. 2 clinical prove as good as findings demonstrate here and will be available for "affordable" commercial release SOON.

Eligibility

Ages Eligible for Study: 18 Years and older
Genders Eligible for Study: Both
Accepts Healthy Volunteers: No
Criteria
Inclusion Criteria:

1. Males with a diagnosis of Alopecia Androgenetica
  2. Females with a diagnosis of Alopecia Androgenetica
  3. Males with hair loss consistent with Grades III, IIIA, III-Vertex, IV, IV-A, based on Norwood-Hamilton Scale (Figure 1)
  4. Females with hair loss consistent with Grades I-3, I-4, II-1, II-2 based on the Savin Scale (Figure 2)
  5. Provide written informed consent and comply with the study requirements
  6. For women of childbearing potential: Negative pregnancy test at screening visit plus subject agrees to maintain two forms of contraception for the duration of the study.
  7. Subject is willing to maintain a consistent hair length and natural hair color, without the use of any coloring agents, during the study period.
  8. Ability to complete study procedures, patient surveys, and pictures.
  9. Subject is ≥ 18 years of age.
  10. Body Mass Index < 40kg/m2
Exclusion Criteria:

1. Subjects who have used minoxidil, or any oral or topical medication including over the counter and herbal medications for the treatment of hair loss within 6 months of study screening, or finasteride or dutasteride within 12 months of study screening
  2. Treatment with an investigational product or procedure within 30 days or plans to participate in another clinical study
  3. Subject who has previously failed or has been deemed non-responsive to a previous experimental hair loss treatment.
  4. Subject must have no previous hair transplant, cell treatment, micro needling, or any other treatment in the last 6 months in the scalp.
  5. Subject is currently suffering from an active autoimmune disease such as serum lupus erythematosus, or alopecia areata. Subject is currently suffering from dermatologic condition in the treatment area or has a significant scar in the hair treatment area that, in the opinion of the investigator, will make hair growth difficult (such as systemic burns, etc.).
  6. History of autoimmune disease or organ transplantation or a patient on immunosuppressive medication(s).
  7. Diagnosis of cancer, receiving active treatment
  8. Active systemic infection
  9. Requires chronic antibiotics, systemic corticosteroids
  10. Use of systemic agents that increase bleeding or clotting, or disorders associated with these effects, including patients receiving GIIB/IIIa inhibitors within 2 weeks prior to the study procedure through to 1 week after the study procedure.
  11. Clinically significant medical or psychiatric illness currently or within 30 days of study screening as determined by the investigator
  12. Prior surgery in the treatment area
  13. Any disease or condition (medical or surgical) that, in the opinion of the investigator, might compromise dermatologic, hematologic, cardiovascular, pulmonary, renal, gastrointestinal, hepatic, or central nervous system function; or any condition that would place the subject at increased risk
  14. Pregnant or lactating women or women trying to become pregnant
  15. Known allergic reaction to components of study treatment and/or study injection procedure
  16. Subject has any disorder that may prevent compliance to study procedures and visits
  17. Subject who is part of the study staff, a family member or friend
  18. Diabetes or thyroid disorder
  19. Subject who has a sensitive, irritated, or abraded scalp area.
  20. Women who have an alternate diagnosis that is associated with hair loss.
  21. Body Mass Index < 18kg/m2
  22. Clinically significant abnormal findings on laboratory screening panels, including hemoglobin ≤ 10 g/dL.
  23. Hepatic dysfunction, as defined as aspartate aminotransferase (AST), alanine aminotransferase (ALT), or bilirubin levels > 1.5 times the upper limit of normal range (x ULN) prior to randomization.
  24. Chronic renal insufficiency as defined as a serum creatinine > 1.2 mg/dL for women and > 1.5 mg/dL for men.
  25. An elevated PT/PTT, INR, or platelet count < 100 x 109/L

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Precisely the information I had been seeking. Thanks for that. Do you happen to have the link where we might find their enrollment schedule info? You'll get a gold star if you do. -)