Keeping A Second System For Replacing The First?

Gimzir

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm just about to order my first system (once I figure out if my template is okay) and my plan is that if I decide it's definitely for me after a couple of weeks of wearing I'll buy a new one straight away ready for when the first needs chucking out. However, this means it'll sit sit in a box for three or four months. Is this okay or will it affect the system? Will it dry out or shed just left alone? As I understand it there's a silicone coating that should protect it until washed off?
Thanks!

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Store in a draw out of sunlight and moisture and they will last a few years.
Always good idea to get a second piece if you decide to wear.

Hair Newbie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Store in a draw out of sunlight and moisture and they will last a few years.
Always good idea to get a second piece if you decide to wear.

What is the best way to moisturize extra hair system ? I have few systems in the box too. I was thinking about apply some light olive oil.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
What is the best way to moisturize extra hair system ? I have few systems in the box too. I was thinking about apply some light olive oil.

NO OLIVE OIL, vegetable oils can go rancid, and loosen the knots (if you have knots).

If they are fresh from the factory, and the factory uses silicone... just pop 'em in a ziplock (use the net they came with), and put in a dark place, like a drawer.

If they have been washed, or no silicone, use some light, spray in conditioner, sealed in a ziplock.

S.

Hair Newbie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
NO OLIVE OIL, vegetable oils can go rancid, and loosen the knots (if you have knots).

If they are fresh from the factory, and the factory uses silicone... just pop 'em in a ziplock (use the net they came with), and put in a dark place, like a drawer.

If they have been washed, or no silicone, use some light, spray in conditioner, sealed in a ziplock.

S.

Thanks for your tips BaldBearded. I don't like the sound of putting cooking oil into the hair anyway so I won't be trying olive oil. I will just leave the unused hair pieces in the zip lock bag and keep them inside the boxes. By the way, below link is the hair oil recommended from my wife.

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...-system-experience.118851/page-3#post-1756056

Last edited: