Kabooski's Story - (39)

kabooski

Reaction score
Hi, I been browsing this forums for a little over a month. So I decided to share a bit. I will be posting pictures later on.

Here it goes. I'm 39, thought I had my grandfathers genes from my moms side that had full hair till he died at 93. My dad and his dad are another story.
Until a year ago and I "thought" I had a full head of hair. I would go wakeboarding, or even come out of the shower with my hair wet and everything seemed fine. I saw no scalp. Past 6 months I have gone down hill fast! My hair is diffusing on top. I'm noticing tons of hair in the shower and major scalp when wet. Past 2 months; I have been trying saw palmetto and I
added nizoral shampoo past couple of weeks. I used to have really thick hair and now my hair texture has changed thinner strands of hair. The hair that falls out has really tiny hair bulbs.

Nothing is slowing down. I'm going to bite the bullet and add finasteride
starting in a couple of weeks.

The thing that scares me about finasteride, besides the potential sides is the shedding. By what I've read , it is going to either slow my hair loss or speed it up.

I took this picture about 2 1/2 months ago
Its worse then this now.

27xmc0k.jpg

35lrtyd.jpg

This a weeks collection of hair from my bed and shower
4oy8l.jpg

Rawtashk

Reaction score
Re: New to hairloss-kabooski's story

That's a WEEK's worth of hair? Damn, I wish that's all I had to worry about :-/. I would also kill to have that much hair @ 39, you look much younger than that.

finasteride is a good idea. Just remember that it's a lot easier to MAINTAIN your hair than it is to regrow it, so starting soon is good. Do you know how you're going to go about getting the finasteride? If you don't get a script from a Doctor, then check out 4rx.com. I get my stuff from there and have had good results, so I know it's not just a sugar pill.

Good luck to you!

kabooski

Reaction score

thanks, I'm about to be 40 this year. The front still has good coverage, but less so then when I took that picture. Here is a photo from the same 2.5 months ago. This one shows the mid top of my head that is thinning.

2lktx6v.jpg

I ordered generic finasteride from "Inhousepharmacy" should be hear in a couple of weeks. We'll see how that works.

I tried Saw Palmetto which has done nothing. Some people got sides? from this stuff:No way, too weak (320MG STD)

BornIn89

Established Member
Reaction score

I can't tell what is going on in that second picture but you look like you have teh thickest hair ever.

ajnar

Reaction score

i loose more in a single day. your hair seem to look quite ok but i know how photos can be deceptive.

if you think you need treatment ditch the saw and hop on the 3 big time.

kabooski

Reaction score
Almost a month update:

Well I started finasteride 12 days ago now. Even tho it only been 4 months since the pictures above, my front hairline has thinned to the point where I can longer
style it up.

Hopefully I respond to finasteride. We shall see

Attachments

• june2.jpg
    june2.jpg
    328.3 KB · Views: 170
  • june1.jpg
    june1.jpg
    331.4 KB · Views: 185
  • hairlost.jpg
    hairlost.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 178

Don In CA

Reaction score
I had about the same thickness of you when I was in my early 30s (I'm 48 now). I took Propecia for 14 years but continued to lose hair in front/temples. Finasteride doesn't work up front but will keep the crown, sides and back very thick. I just got a hair transplant last month for my front hair line and continue to take a generic Finasteride (prescribed from Dr, filled at Costco) just in case I need more procedures.

Rawtashk

Reaction score
Don In CA said:
I had about the same thickness of you when I was in my early 30s (I'm 48 now). I took Propecia for 14 years but continued to lose hair in front/temples. Finasteride doesn't work up front but will keep the crown, sides and back very thick. I just got a hair transplant last month for my front hair line and continue to take a generic Finasteride (prescribed from Dr, filled at Costco) just in case I need more procedures.

Any way you could make a post with some pics? I'm maintaining my crown pretty well, but the hairline is slowly going away (although not a fast as it was pre-finasteride). I'm 28, and thinking about a hair transplant for the hairline...but I'm terrified that I'll see more receding hairline in the future and I'll end up looking like a freak :thumbdown2:

RSR38

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm 39 as well and I went from super thick hair at 35 to a thin diffuse NW6 pattern by 37. After 15 months on treatments, I am AMAZED at the improvement I have had. I have my story in the success stories section under RSR39 success. You are way above where I started from and I'm sure you will respond great.

link to my story...

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=65676&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

sergiotahini

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't see anything but an exceptionally thick head of hair for a forty year old guy, although I understand that photos don't always tell the whole story, especially when you are in the early stages of diffuse loss.

You are on finasteride, and that is essentially all that you can do at this point. Just be consistent with the medication and evaluate 8-12 months from now.

Also, IMO the photos of hair collected in the shower drain seems normal and I wouldn't worry about it.

kabooski

Reaction score
Anyone know if this is a good sign or bad?

I just took a shower and I noticed alot of short hairs mixed in with the long hairs. This is the first time I'm seeing this. Usually is just a few short hairs

Been on finasteride for 20 days or so.