just wondering about research funding

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i was just wondering why it's so bad when a company funds research on their product? It is still being done by an independent company.... isn't it. i can understand why there might be $$ incentives for the company doing the research to "adjust" the results. But for a small company who can't find someone to do the funding themselves...why is it so bad???

Axon

Reaction score
Shhh you're ruining one of the anti-finasteride arguments.

As we all know, the FDA is just a front for HairLossTalk.com and myself. Why, I'm getting a BJ right now from a girl with a proscar bumper sticker on her forehead.

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
okay...i know that having FDA approval is huge... but is the only reason why we raise one eyebrow to people who fund their own research is that there may be a little more than "funding"?? explain it to me like i'm a 6 year old

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
i'm a 6 year old
Jimmy - you're still here? Did you change your mind on the owners of this site being crooks who are paid off by big companies? In any case, welcome back to the fold, my 6 year old friend. :D

People take issue with internally run studies. That would imply they are not independantly run. If they were paying someone else to do the study, it would be independant.

HairLossTalk.com

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i guess i'm speaking about fluridil here...everyone shys away from their studies that show it helps with male pattern baldness because they were not independent studies...but i think that they were independently conducted (by some universities) but it was just that the people at fluridil had to pay for the studies...