JUST WHEN WE THOUGHT.....!!!!

chewbaca

Experienced Member
Reaction score
A while ago i did post a lenghty thread on this..

Everyone debunked me......Now look.

hairschmair

Established Member
Reaction score
Professor Nothen stressed that baldness was not caused simply by one gene.

"We have indications that other genes are involved which are independent of the parents' sex," he said.

It was likely that, in some cases, the hereditary defect could also be passed directly from father to son

So this study doesn't really tell us much.

G

It's good that they have found another reason for why we go bald. But there are new theories out there every day.

It does not mean jot anyway. Many of us are losing our hair. The only way to restore is hair transplant. If they found out how to block the androgen receptor gene then the only people it could help are those who have not yet started to bald. Like a 12 year old...

eliazush

Established Member
Reaction score
Come on guys, what does it matter if we get it from our mother or from our father...After all, even if your father is bald or getting bald it doen't necessarily means you will get bald too...just like if your father has blue eyes while you have brown ones. Finding the gene won't help us at least not in the next 10 years (in my opinion). We already know genes that are respnsible for syndromes and deseases and it didn't change a thing! Such as down syndrome, G6PD and so on. I really don't know what this whole excitment is about.

Keep treating your hairloss as usual and don't have expectations. At least not for gene therapy or a "cure". The next solution to come is maybe newer medications or treatments, but the everyday routine will remain the same.

Eliaz