Just Tried Regenera Activa Stem Cell Microtransplant In Uk

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Aouch, coming from a guinea pig who underwent the procedure a couple weeks ago, it hurts.Still no beneficial effect to report I assume then...?

A month in, zero benefits so far just awful shedding and thinner temples, haven't looked at crown and I'm kind of afraid to. I'm starting low dose oral minoxidil so if I do get some thickening in a few months I'll be attributing it mostly to that rather than regenera.

FilthyFrancis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A month in, zero benefits so far just awful shedding and thinner temples, haven't looked at crown and I'm kind of afraid to. I'm starting low dose oral minoxidil so if I do get some thickening in a few months I'll be attributing it mostly to that rather than regenera.

Damn. Thanks for the update.

Good luck with oral minoxidil. I have been on it 5mg/day for 10 months now. Did not notice any improvement but hair growing on my back and chest (that makes me think it's working which is why I don't want to quit). Anyway, off-topic.

Aleksandar

Established Member
Reaction score

Wow...that's bad news. Sorry to hear that, especially after spending serious money on it. Do you have the feeling that the shedding got worse after the regenera treatment?

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow...that's bad news. Sorry to hear that, especially after spending serious money on it. Do you have the feeling that the shedding got worse after the regenera treatment?

No I don't think it got worse, was already losing rapidly. I try not to count hairs or look but white sheets make it a dead giveaway...

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
H
Did you try fina or something else before regenera? And what norwood are you?.

How many times have you asked this... Yes I tried fina for 6 months and wish I never did. Asymmetric NW1.5 - NW2 with thinning vertex.

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Chill man, just checked your post history to see your pictures.

You can also try microneedling + minoxidil if you don't get results from this.

I already microneedle with 2mm every week or two, throwing in 2.5mg oral minoxidil every night now I guess. Sorry y'all I was hoping to wait a bit longer before starting something else so we could have a bit more info around regenera but I just don't think it's a powerful enough treatment for me by itself.

WeStayCooling

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I already microneedle with 2mm every week or two, throwing in 2.5mg oral minoxidil every night now I guess. Sorry y'all I was hoping to wait a bit longer before starting something else so we could have a bit more info around regenera but I just don't think it's a powerful enough treatment for me by itself.
yupp

i think it's abundantly clear that your balding is just too aggressive for this treatment

WeStayCooling

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I find it strange that they say the younger men benefit most - if we're balding young then it's clearly more aggressive...?
yes and no

the rate at which it happens is going to be different for everyone

balding at 25 could be considered "young" but you could start balding at the age and have it progress pretty f*****g slowly over the next 10 years

whereas someone could start balding at 28 but lose rapidly and have to shave their head in 2 years

both are in their 20's so it could be considered "aggressive" for both i guess, however it's clear that the 28 year old has the more aggressive progression, which i assume is the biggest factor here

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
yes and no

the rate at which it happens is going to be different for everyone

balding at 25 could be considered "young" but you could start balding at the age and have it progress pretty f*****g slowly over the next 10 years

whereas someone could start balding at 28 but lose rapidly and have to shave their head in 2 years

both are in their 20's so it could be considered "aggressive" for both i guess, however it's clear that the 28 year old has the more aggressive progression, which i assume is the biggest factor here

I get that genes are weird and someone could theoretically go from 100 to 0 in 2 years, but generally if you notice diffuse loss in your 20s it has been progressing for a few years and you only have a fraction of the time it took for you to notice before it's too late.
In my case I noticed less than 2 years ago at 23 but clicked that it's been going for much much longer based on how I've had to change styling and how certain products sat etc, all completely subconscious.

Moral of the story kids - this is a weak treatment.

WeStayCooling

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I get that genes are weird and someone could theoretically go from 100 to 0 in 2 years, but generally if you notice diffuse loss in your 20s it has been progressing for a few years and you only have a fraction of the time it took for you to notice before it's too late.
In my case I noticed less than 2 years ago at 23 but clicked that it's been going for much much longer based on how I've had to change styling and how certain products sat etc, all completely subconscious.

Moral of the story kids - this is a weak treatment.
you're projecting your own story onto this bud

i've read a lot of stories over the years of diffuse thinners thinning slowly/gradually over a LONG period

but yes sorry to hear about your bitterness regarding this treatment, at least you left no stone unturned

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you're projecting your own story onto this bud

i've read a lot of stories over the years of diffuse thinners thinning slowly/gradually over a LONG period

but yes sorry to hear about your bitterness regarding this treatment, at least you left no stone unturned

It's not really the treatment I'm bitter at haha. I was quite sure already that this wouldn't be enough by itself but... Kind of like buying a lottery ticket knowing you won't win, but you end up being disappointed regardless.

Don't give up on this treatment guys but don't place too much weight on it - if your loss is mild enough for a reasonable response to this you can probably afford to wait for the price to drop or for a better cell therapy to come along, that's my personal opinion based on everything I've seen and experienced getting this done.

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Btw, you did fina for 6 months and you quit because of side effects, right?

Did you notice any improvement/maintenance from fina when you used it?

That's correct. I'm not sure - must have had some slowing / maintenance though because my hair got absolutely decimated, really picked up the pace when I got off it

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was really sold with the before and afters people posted, guess i jumped the gun a bit if this really isn't for people with aggressive hair loss, oh well, i'll just keep popping my dutasteride every morning and applying minoxidil at night for the time being lol

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I haven't read anything about the price, where did you read that?

Farjo explained it in his interview here:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/...s-banked-used-later-life-balding-appears.html

"For the injections, Dr Farjo said: 'The specific figure is currently very proprietary information but what we can say is it would be comparable with premium hair transplant procedures which can cost several thousand pounds."

So 2000 pounds for banking + recurring costs of much more every round of injections...