Just Took The Plunge ("shaved"), What Do You Guys Think?

IKickedHairsAss

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys!

Just trimmed my hair and wanted to know your opinion about my head shape etc. Was thinking about propecia to get some back but I don't really want to unless I really have to, how bad is it?

Please be honest, thx.

Pic: https://imgur.com/a/mpefK

Dude keep kicking ***! My advice is to do what I did.

a) Keep it that length for about 6 months.
b) After 6 months go down a grade. I can tell you did a shorter grade on the sides. I used to do a 2, 3, 5 fade, then a 2, 3, 4 fade, then a 1, 2, 3 guard fade. Finally, before I shaved it all, I did a 0, 1, 2 for a few months.
c) While gradually going down grades, get tan on top. Go outside for at least 30 mins to 1 hour in direct sun (for safety) it's a marathon not a sprint. Don't need to go to a tanning bed or be exposed in the sun for 12 hours over a weekend.

Serverr

Reaction score
@Serverr

You have a round shaped head, so it doesn't look strange.

Just curious, you're a Norwood three. Why did you take the "plunge".

Because I really don't care THAT much about my hair, I mean don't get me wrong I want it back but it was getting annoying to style my hair in ways it would look remotely ok if that makes sense.. + Now it's easier to apply minoxidil while I wait for the next big thing.

+ I have a steady relationship and my GF doesn't mind at all so that helps.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Serverr

If you don't have a flat shaped skull in the back, go for it.

Personally, I think for a vertical head you should have it the same length all over, even if
it is short, or you want to go shorter. Side hair balances it out.

I have the same hairline as you, and similar head shape, I understand. There's really not much you can do, accept go either really short or long.

Serverr

Reaction score
@Serverr

If you don't have a flat shaped skull in the back, go for it.

Personally, I think for a vertical head you should have it the same length all over, even if
it is short, or you want to go shorter. Side hair balances it out.

I have the same hairline as you, and similar head shape, I understand. There's really not much you can do, accept go either really short or long.

Here's a better representation of what it really looks like, it IS the same lenght all over: https://imgur.com/a/lyx8d
The original pic was kinda skewed, maybe I had my selfie cam too close I dunno :D

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It doesn't look bad. The front is symetrical, and you don't have bumps in your head
on the side and back.

It's also round in the back, you definitely have the head shape to pull it off.

Endmymisery

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What is this f*****g baldtruthtaIk? This doesn't look good at all.

Get on propecia man, you still look like you have enough left to save it and opt for transplants later down the track.
I agree... Everytime I see a bald person in public, it NEVER looks good, just looks sickly.