Just to clear this up...

s.a.f

Reaction score
Went out last night to a few bars then a club. Was wearing nanogen fibres (like Toppic) must have seen every type of modern lighting available and as far as I'm aware it was undetectable or at least did'nt show up. (to the untrained eye of course.) :)

Hopefully there were no expert Norwood spotters like some of us out last night. :D

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
how do you know?, did you walk around with a mirror?

s.a.f

Reaction score
There were mirrors everywhere, also I'm used to people staring at my hair during conversations etc and I never noticed anyone doing that. Also you know what people are like someone would have commented.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
it might be best if you have someone with who knows your using it and can look for it and say if its visble just to be sure

s.a.f

Reaction score
Obviously nothing is completly undetectable if someone knows you're wearing it and specificly looks for it up close they could find it. I'm just saying its safe to use without people noticing remember us guys on here scruitinize hair more than anyone. I think the chances of anyone finding themselves being caught out with it are pretty slim.
I'm posting this because there has been a question mark over wearing fibres in clubs since a post on HLH claimed that they 'shone up/glowed' and became highly obvious under uv lighting.

CCS

Reaction score
cool. thanks SAF. I'm more curious right now if dermmatch shows up in the sun. I'm sure some of it gets on hair fibers (how could it not?) and if it does not match my color exactly, the places I apply it would be a different shade than the rest of my hair. Just a guess. I'm thinking of trying it, though. The baseball cap in the sun still sounds good, instead of dermmatch. I could wear the dermmatch just at parties, and take it off if I think I'll be with a woman up close.

CCS

Reaction score
Does Dermmatch feel dry, wet, oily, or like hair? Does it dry up during the day, and then crack or flake off when touched? How much stays on the hair?

s.a.f

Reaction score
Apply it wet and it dries in a minute or so as for feel I'm not sure how to explain its a powdery substance like compact make up. I suppose it holds up pretty well for a few days at least.

G

ccs and saf. you both spent so much money on transplants.

and now you wear concealors?

what is the sense of it?

i mean shouldnt one expect to have good hair after a transplant which he likes and which he accpepts?

s.a.f

Reaction score
Depends on your loss (mine was excessive NW6) If I have to have hair transplant's and use concealer to get the appearance of hair then I'm willing to do that, (I really hated being bald).

CCS

Reaction score
neo1234 said:

what is the sense of it?

i mean shouldnt one expect to have good hair after a transplant which he likes and which he accpepts?

transplants are barely good enough. You have 100,000 hairs on your head. If you lose a decent fraction in front, how do you think 1000 grafts or even 2000 grafts will give you close to the density you need? If you go NW5, you have no chance of getting nearly your old density back. Pray for HM. Grafts still look decent from 10 feet away, though.

G

collegechemistrystudent said:
neo1234 said:

what is the sense of it?

transplants are barely good enough. You have 100,000 hairs on your head. If you lose a decent fraction in front, how do you think 1000 grafts or even 2000 grafts will give you close to the density you need? If you go NW5, you have no chance of getting nearly your old density back. Pray for HM. Grafts still look decent from 10 feet away, though.

i thought you got over 3000?

so they dont look that good?

ShedMaster

Reaction score
if you have decent coverage then you could probably use a little concealers and cover up the missing density that a transplant could not fill. or no?

I know that the point of the transplant is to not use those but hey its better then looking like kojak :)

CCS

Reaction score
neo1234 said:
neo1234 said:

what is the sense of it?

i thought you got over 3000?

so they dont look that good?

I got 4000, though probably 3500 grew out. I look a lot better than I used to, but I look thin. I look like a diffuse thinnger. But some days it looks really good, from a distance. Hard to say. I just saying that with all those grafts in the first inch of my hair line, I still have about 1/3 or 1/2 density.

CCS

Reaction score
I just got to match the color well. I know I'll look a lot better. It is not like people will see a brown scalp. If the scalp actually matches the hair, and is not darker, it should be fine, especially since the rest of my hair is so thick that the scalp is never visible.

G

if you start with 100k hairs and lose 15k, then get on meds at that point, and get 4000 grafts into the area where you lost the 15k, that should be about 9000 hairs, giving you back 60% of your original density.

s.a.f

Reaction score
You dont need your original density back. A good hair transplant is all about illusion. Have any of you seen what Hassan and Wongs Joetronic achieved with 7000 grafts?

G

s.a.f said:
You dont need your original density back. A good hair transplant is all about illusion. Have any of you seen what Hassan and Wongs Joetronic achieved with 7000 grafts?

saf, i have looked at the pictures, and it appears like jotronic has a substantially high hairline and the hair is combed over the forehead to give the illusion of more coverage than what actually exists. am i wrong?

CCS

Reaction score
yeah, every hair transplant pic I've seen is from far back in the right light and has a high hairline. Unless you are NW2, your hair will be thin. hair transplant will make you look better, especially from 10 feet away. But the sun will show all. But if you get dermmatch, it will hide it all. I don't know how much density you need for dermmatch to work, but I'm probably at 1/3 to 1/2 density now, which looks thin up close and shows my scalp. But dermmatch hides it competely.

I keep my hair 1.5 inches long, though. Those hair transplant pics usually show guys with 5 inch long hair so you can't see the scalp. I wan't density so I can style how I like. I don't want to depend on a certain lame style to hide the loss. Still glad I have my grafts, though. I'd be hurting without them.

s.a.f

Reaction score
JayMan said:
saf, i have looked at the pictures, and it appears like jotronic has a substantially high hairline and the hair is combed over the forehead to give the illusion of more coverage than what actually exists. am i wrong?

Yeah, Joetronic is a Nw2 he does'nt comb his hair over his forehead he combs it back (in a quiff). But the point is coming from his previous NW6 status his hair is miraculous. I would be ecstatic.
The guy is about 35 and as he puts it, Its not perfect but nobody ever suspects that he is suffering from or has suffered hairloss.
I've seen video footage of his hair wet and outside in sunshine and it looks natural to me. Some of you guys obsess way too much. You seem to criticise a guys hair if he shows a bit of scalp in either of these situations or if he has'nt got a low nw1. Take a look around most people's hair is like this.