Just started Proscar today...some questions.

Rocki

Reaction score
1. What's the best tool to slice it to 5 pieces? Should I be sawing or slicing? I used a box cutter and lost some powder in the cut and was wondering if that'll screw up the effectiveness of it...anyway I sucked up all the powder into my mouth like a drug addict. LOL

2. Should I be worried about break outs? I have oily skin and was really prone to acne when I was young and have only managed to get it under control these past few years by using BP 3% daily.

3. Should I take it at the same time daily, with meal or on empty stomach? Is mixing with Alcohol dangerous? I want to set a stable time to take it so I want to plan my intake accordingly. (e.g. not take it at 11pm when I might be drinking on a weekend.)

Much thanks for your time.

cook'n'milkies

Established Member
Reaction score
1. Many people find using a regular straight razor for cutting proscar into fifths ( I applaud you for deciding to take the recommended dosage). Just make sure your razor is sharp.

2. Some people break out a bit on finasteride and some people dry up. The only way know is to give it a whirl.

3. I would take it at the same time daily, either in the morning or in the evening. Just as a tip, try not to take it right after or right before consuming alot of dairy, as dairy is hard to digest and the pill might not get fully absorbed. I take mine when i get home from work about 7 or so at night.