Just started Propecia, But considering switching to dutasteride

bupolo

Established Member
Reaction score
I just started propecia, but I'm thinking that maybe I should have gone with dutasteride. I understand it's works better to regrow hair than propecia. I was thinking about going in for a prescription for a low dose, something comparable to .5 mg of Propecia.

I know there are no long term studies on the side-effects, but what have people experienced in relation to take .5 mg of propecia (I really don't want to have to deal with too many side-effects, and I'd prefer to not have as great of hair, but no sides, then great hair and lots of sides).

Also, if I take Propecia for a month, and then go on dutasteride, would I see the benefit of taking the propecia for a month, or would it cause some unnecessary shedding?

Pondle

Reaction score
You're unlikely to get a prescription for dutasteride. Stick with Propecia for at least a year - it's cheaper, carriers fewer risks, and might be just as effective over the long term.

bupolo

Established Member
Reaction score
Will do, thank you!

HughJass

Reaction score
Pondle said:
You're unlikely to get a prescription for dutasteride. Stick with Propecia for at least a year - it's cheaper, carriers fewer risks, and might be just as effective over the long term.

what about the scripts from medical wellness centre you can use at any US pharmacy?

Pondle

Reaction score
aussieavodart said:
Pondle said:

what about the scripts from medical wellness centre you can use at any US pharmacy?

Fair point! :blush: