Just Started Minoxidil...a Little Bit Of Success

Tae414

My Regimen
Reaction score
So, in new to this forum. This is my first post actually. I'm 26 years old, and I'm a black Male. About 3 months ago, I had a full head of hair...Recently, I've started receding...Like REALLY fast. I was using Toppik and I was satisfied, but I wasnt too happy about losing my hair...I started Minoxidil, decided to track my progress. So far I've been using it twice a day for a month and a half..

Unfortunately, I've been reading that you have to keep using it forever. Not too happy about that, but we'll see...

Results so far..

Attachments

• 20180826_121814.jpg
    20180826_121814.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 972

Tae414

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh and by the way, I actually just bought a generic brand of minoxidil from Walgreens...instead of using the little dropper, I actually put it in a small spray bottle and just spritz it on..5 times each side. Seems to be working and it's not messy at all when applied. I'll wipe the excess liquid off my forehead. I'll apply my toppik and go about my day. The pictures shown above are without toppik.

hollow11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't worry about the "using it forever" part. It's effects get weaker with time anyway.
Good luck with the further regrowth btw

Red October

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good results. You need finasteride too sadly. It will help to keep the hair you've regained. Yes you'll need to probably use if forever. However, when you consider the option of going completely bald or using something you can spray on your hair a couple of times a day, the second option looks better!

Richard412

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm in a similar position, lost all of my hair at the temples and it's regressing (and I think I'm getting diffuse thinning, based on how many hairs I'm shedding, but I can't see it yet).

Would applying 5% minoxidil foam to my temples be the way to go? If I apply it only once per day instead of twice, would that reduce any of the side effects or shedding, or should I just start at twice per day?

HairRaid

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh and by the way, I actually just bought a generic brand of minoxidil from Walgreens...instead of using the little dropper, I actually put it in a small spray bottle and just spritz it on..5 times each side. Seems to be working and it's not messy at all when applied. I'll wipe the excess liquid off my forehead. I'll apply my toppik and go about my day. The pictures shown above are without toppik.
Don't just spray it on,you have to massage it in real good for at least 2 min. It's VERY Important to massage it in, keeping it wet while you massage it in. And dont let this get on your forehead! Your eyebrows will look like the wildebeast. Believe me. My eylashes keep growing I have to trim them,lol. No, I'm serious my eyebrows grow real thick and lashes very long. You only want this stuff to be where you Want to grow hair, be very careful with it. In fact, a small drop will kill your cat. Always wash hands immediately after using and clean up. Its not good for females either. They have their own version.
After using Mino for 12 yrs I upped my dose to 4x a day with massage. Some say it doesn't help I say yes it does! I have hair growing all over my head now even in the center of the baldspot I havent seen in 30 years! Im not talking tiny vellous I'm talking long thick in layers going upward that show! Then started taking finasteride to extend the growth phase. Even my wife is amazed.

Drextez

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
im in the same spot, got good results with minoxidil. still very scared to hop on finasteride tho.

im also wondering if i need to keep using minoxidil when ill be on finasteride.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
im in the same spot, got good results with minoxidil. still very scared to hop on finasteride tho.

im also wondering if i need to keep using minoxidil when ill be on finasteride.

Yes, you will lose any gains made with minoxidil if you stop it, even while on finasteride.

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Jump on finasteride fast.

You will lose your gains within one year.

I was on the same boat. I regrew 100% of my hair, but i lost 70% after one year