Just Started Loniten Should I Immediately Stop Liquid Min.?

Forum4um

My Regimen
Reaction score
just started loniten a few days ago, should I immediately stop using my 10% minoxidil or should I taper off it? Thanks for the help

Warmer82

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Start a lower dose maybe 1.25mg or 2.5mg and build up to the dose, maybe use topical once a day. I Don't think you should just stopping topical, As you may lose the benefits gained from topical.

I dont use topical, but Derelict and Obsessive are more experienced with both the oral with topical.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
I wouldn't start using the oral minoxidil if I were you, add derma rolling to your regimen instead to improve topical minoxidil response.

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I doubt 5mg oral is better than 10% topical( which are 100mg of minoxidil directly in your scalp)

Forum4um

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wouldn't start using the oral minoxidil if I were you, add derma rolling to your regimen instead to improve topical minoxidil response.
I’ve been using a dermapen as well. I used 5% for 2 years and saw no regrowth I heard oral was much more effective. Why do you not suggest taking oral?

1knox1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve been using a dermapen as well. I used 5% for 2 years and saw no regrowth I heard oral was much more effective. Why do you not suggest taking oral?

I’m not overly convinced with dermarolling.

Perhaps he means that oral has more listed side effects but it seems to be very effective for a lot of users. It’s strong stuff, I’d be very careful with it, maybe even speak to a doctor beforehand. It’s a bp medication after all. The issue with topical is that;

‘In fact, research shows that only about 38.3 percent of patients using the medication will witness its benefits. One possible explanation has to do with an enzyme in our bodies needed for Minoxidil to work. Without proper levels, the blood vessels near the scalp will not be able to enlarge.’

1knox1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Start a lower dose maybe 1.25mg or 2.5mg and build up to the dose, maybe use topical once a day. I Don't think you should just stopping topical, As you may lose the benefits gained from topical.

I dont use topical, but Derelict and Obsessive are more experienced with both the oral with topical.

This is good advice. People are starting with 5mg and a lot of them can’t cope and thus quit.