Just Started finasteride After 4 Months Of Contemplation

farawayman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry if this kind of post is redundant but i just started my finasteride journey. I originally got my prescription back in October and then began the endless and tiresome internet research of the drug which made me delay taking it for all this time. I've been lurking these forums and others like it for hours every day just to find the same information every single day and i felt like i've been going insane. About an hour ago I finally just looked in the mirror, pulled up my hairline, saw all my miniaturizing hairs and said to myself "if you don't at least try this stuff it's just going to continue receding and you'll never know what it could have done for you". I just said f*** it and broke up my first proscar 5mg pill and popped the smallest piece. I'll post my progress occasionally here. One question I do have though: is it okay to crush my proscar pills into powder so i can try and get the most accurate possible dose, I was originally planning on cutting the pills into 8 different pieces for a 0.625mg dose, but after just cutting my first pill that really doesn't seem possible as the pills are brittle and break unevenly.

Thanks.

Yoadrian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry if this kind of post is redundant but i just started my finasteride journey. I originally got my prescription back in October and then began the endless and tiresome internet research of the drug which made me delay taking it for all this time. I've been lurking these forums and others like it for hours every day just to find the same information every single day and i felt like i've been going insane. About an hour ago I finally just looked in the mirror, pulled up my hairline, saw all my miniaturizing hairs and said to myself "if you don't at least try this stuff it's just going to continue receding and you'll never know what it could have done for you". I just said f*** it and broke up my first proscar 5mg pill and popped the smallest piece. I'll post my progress occasionally here. One question I do have though: is it okay to crush my proscar pills into powder so i can try and get the most accurate possible dose, I was originally planning on cutting the pills into 8 different pieces for a 0.625mg dose, but after just cutting my first pill that really doesn't seem possible as the pills are brittle and break unevenly.

Thanks.
just wanted to say congrats on starting. i' gonna start as well.keep putting it off.

farawayman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just took my third dose about 4 hours ago, so far i've honestly felt nothing at all, no ball pain that i've read so much about from a lot people just starting finasteride, is it possible this doesn't occur in some people? Semen is normal if not more tbh, and libido and erections seem normal. It's making me wonder if this finasteride is even real, i bought it at a well known local pharmacy so it should be... idk. My first night i kinda had a bad sleep but i blame that on self generated anxiety from starting the drug and worrying about all the possible sides.

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just took my third dose about 4 hours ago, so far i've honestly felt nothing at all, no ball pain that i've read so much about from a lot people just starting finasteride, is it possible this doesn't occur in some people? Semen is normal if not more tbh, and libido and erections seem normal. It's making me wonder if this finasteride is even real, i bought it at a well known local pharmacy so it should be... idk. My first night i kinda had a bad sleep but i blame that on self generated anxiety from starting the drug and worrying about all the possible sides.

Don’t worry about the sides. You’ll either be lucky and no get any or you’ll get them and have to stop. Unfortunately for me I’m having to slowly taper off

Yoadrian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
every 2 weeks you should post in yur thread..i'm sure it will be helpful for others.

katalan33

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do not think about side effects I have been taking fina for 4 months now. I am diffuse thinner and I am already seeing a progress. No side effect at all. Having side effects from fina is extremely rare at age 20s ~ 30s. I don’t know your age but majority of people who experience sexual side effects are in their late 40s or over.
If you search side effects of fina on internet you can read tons of posts about it but REMEMBER ITS THE INTERNET! It is highly likely that people who have side effects post more about their experiences than who don’t
High number of posts about side effects doesn’t mean percentage of having side effects is high.
Double blind tests and finasteride prescribing doctors have said that it works (at minimum it slows down your hair loss to at maximum regrowth - recovery of hair loss)
Give 6 months you will see the result

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do not think about side effects I have been taking fina for 4 months now. I am diffuse thinner and I am already seeing a progress. No side effect at all. Having side effects from fina is extremely rare at age 20s ~ 30s. I don’t know your age but majority of people who experience sexual side effects are in their late 40s or over.
If you search side effects of fina on internet you can read tons of posts about it but REMEMBER ITS THE INTERNET! It is highly likely that people who have side effects post more about their experiences than who don’t
High number of posts about side effects doesn’t mean percentage of having side effects is high.
Double blind tests and finasteride prescribing doctors have said that it works (at minimum it slows down your hair loss to at maximum regrowth - recovery of hair loss)
Give 6 months you will see the result
I don't think your statement about sexual sides being more possible in the late 40s than 20s and 30s. Where did you get that from?

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Man, I can't even imagine how that is. I divide the world in two: fuckable and unfuckable women. I just can't imagine the worth in trading my constant drive for some hair that eventually will go anyway since these are my genes that I've been passed. Hope you recover soon!

katalan33

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think your statement about sexual sides being more possible in the late 40s than 20s and 30s. Where did you get that from?
I heard it from my finasteride prescribing doctor. He said “It is extremely low for a young man to experience sexual side effects.” He also mentioned that he personally has never heard from his patient about experiencing side effects from finastride.

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Thanks.
looks like he's happily moved on with his life and thickening hair

g.i joey

Reaction score
Man, I can't even imagine how that is. I divide the world in two: fuckable and unfuckable women. I just can't imagine the worth in trading my constant drive for some hair that eventually will go anyway since these are my genes that I've been passed. Hope you recover soon!

It’s reallt not the general experience of finasteride... I’ve been taking this drug since September 2016 with little breaks here and there and I still feel the need to release myself anywhere between 1-3 times a day, sex is still great. The only sides I’ve actually suffered are some slight lethargy (I take 1mg 4-5x a week) and maybe a slightly longer refractoryperiod... my body can still differentiate and respond accordingly between woman and trees thankfully

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s reallt not the general experience of finasteride... I’ve been taking this drug since September 2016 with little breaks here and there and I still feel the need to release myself anywhere between 1-3 times a day, sex is still great. The only sides I’ve actually suffered are some slight lethargy (I take 1mg 4-5x a week) and maybe a slightly longer refractoryperiod... my body can still differentiate and respond accordingly between woman and trees thankfully

I don't think that this is the general experience for finasteride users. I believe for some people (probably most) it works without major sides, for some it does wonders but for some (probably a minority) seems to be terrible. I guess it's risking this unknown that stirs so much debate and the possibility of lasting undesired effects.

manda

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Did you experíence an increase in sex drive? I'm two months into finasteride and currently experiencing that. Women or tree.. With my sex drive right now I would f*** both of them haha

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
what you mean 'took breaks? why would u take breaks if it didnt give u any serious sides?

Joseph Haston Green

My Regimen
Reaction score
My hairline started receding when I was 26. I freaked out and took Propecia for a few years with no sides. Stopped for about 6 years. However my hair loss has taken off tremendously in the past 2 years. Got back on Propecia April of last year. Took it for 5 months before I started getting sides. Started out with no morning wood followed by lack of interest for sex and finally couldn't get a full erection. I got off of it and everything is back to normal.

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Because lethargy is still concerning? And at the same time I like to know that I can take 2-4 weeks off it without getting the famous crash
how u could describe lethargy? less life energy, positivity, motivation? slight brain fog?

My hairline started receding when I was 26. I freaked out and took Propecia for a few years with no sides. Stopped for about 6 years. However my hair loss has taken off tremendously in the past 2 years. Got back on Propecia April of last year. Took it for 5 months before I started getting sides. Started out with no morning wood followed by lack of interest for sex and finally couldn't get a full erection. I got off of it and everything is back to normal.
well, im 25 rn, nw3 and diffusing, idk if i shud gamble with finasteride or to get on minoxidil first, which also gamble but with easier more lenient sides for one's organism.
also its a joke that we need to choose, sex drive/erections or hair, just lol at this sh*t life

Joseph Haston Green

My Regimen
Reaction score
how u could describe lethargy? less life energy, positivity, motivation? slight brain fog?

well, im 25 rn, nw3 and diffusing, idk if i shud gamble with finasteride or to get on minoxidil first, which also gamble but with easier more lenient sides for one's organism.
also its a joke that we need to choose, sex drive/erections or hair, just lol at this sh*t life