just started dutas

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I got the generic dutas yesterday from the united pharmacies (it took 14 days). I will be using two duts this week. I will slowly increase it 4 per week. I plan to continue taking finasteride 1.25 mg per day.
If I don't get bad results and if it improves my situation I will switch to avodart everyday.

I have also ordered oral spironolactone (25 mg) and loniten (5 mg) from inhousepharmacy.com. I will use them only once or twice a week. I plan to use oral spironolactone and loniten only till this June. (I have to attend my brother's marriage in June, though I am 2 years older to him, I look 20 years older because of my Norwood).

After June, I will stop oral spironolactone and oral loniten.

Z

Established Member
Reaction score
Techprof,

I know you want your hair back but for god's sake do not upgrade your regimen to include oral spironolactone and loniten as well.

You will seriously f*** your body up.

It's not worth it.

Siberian

Established Member
Reaction score
Z said:
Techprof,

I know you want your hair back but for god's sake do not upgrade your regimen to include oral spironolactone and loniten as well.

You will seriously f*** your body up.

It's not worth it.

Yea, what he said. Funny, we're talking about this on another thread as well. spironolactone is a helluva feminizing drug. It's chemical castration. It goes after testosterone itself, not simply DHT. 25mg ain't much, but still... playin' with fire there son.

On the other hand, it's probably the best drug available to fight hairloss.

EDIT: You'll also be peeing constantly.

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Z and siberian,
I don't expect to continue oral spironolactone and loniten. I want to see if I can get any benefit at a reduce dosage for 6 months. I will probably not get any benefit at such a low dosage. I have to use a diuretic with loniten. Hence I plan to oral spironolactone in a short-term.

I have ordered today. I will probably change my mind and not add oral spironolactone and oral loniten.

(As of now, I am too horny for my wife. So a little bit of reduction there should not matter).

IDOASIS

Established Member
Reaction score
techprof said:
I have also ordered oral spironolactone (25 mg) and loniten (5 mg) from inhousepharmacy.com. I will use them only once or twice a week. I plan to use oral spironolactone and loniten only till this June. .

And I thought that I am hair crazy. :dropmouth:

Man you have some guts.

Do you know that it will increase the estrogen level in your body?

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
idoasis and aplunk, thanks for your response. Personally I believe oral minoxidil is not that dangerous compared to oral spironolactone. as long you don't have low blood pressure, it should be ok. spironolactone is not going to be effective at 25 mg twice a week. my intention is to use it as a diuretic for loniten and get some benefits for acne.
check the following two links in the hairsite.

http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss-articles/abst-138.htm
http://www.pharmahg.co.uk/library/abst-144.htm

IDOASIS

Established Member
Reaction score
I hope u know what you are doing.
I dont see why you wont have a remarkable regrow,
keep us updated.

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
idoasis, thanks for the message. I was a great responder for minoxidil first time (went from NW4 to NW2). but the second time around, I have gone from NW6 to NW5 in 18 months. I hope that the extra boost from oral loniten could help in activating the dormant follicles.

IDOASIS

Established Member
Reaction score
So why did you stop your regimen??
How does Xandrox 15 work for u?
I have used minoxidil 5% for 5 years and its no longer effective for me, so I think about adding xandrox 15

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I stopped minoxidil in 2003 because of irritation. went from twice a day to once in 2002 to minimize irritation. was using only rogaine.
from july 2004, i have been using finasteride, min, nizoral and xandrox 15 from Dec 2004.
xandrox 15 can't hurt in my opinion. but I am not sure if I would have gotten the same results with minoxidil twice a day.
I am afraid to stop xandrox 15 now.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
Good grief...

It escapes me why some guys will play with fire in the pursuit of hair. While a side effect is hair growth, it's hair growth over the entire body - that's right, between your eybebrows, between your eyebrows and hairline on your forehead, back, shoulders, arms, back of hands, neck, etc. You name it. At least this side effect is innocuous enough - although it might make one look like a total dumbass.

The serious part is that oral minoxidil is an anti-hypertensive. It could very well have undesirable effects on one's heart and vascular system. Anyone taking oral minoxidil for hairloss is a complete dolt. I say that without reservation or apology.

What's next? The AIDS cocktail? For the love of.....

Regards

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
aplunk,
regading hair transplant as I told you before it is next to impossible to find good doctors. There are only 3 or 4 of them in the country. And you have to fly so many times.
Even then, the results are not guaranteed.

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hairwegoagain:
I read and understand your views. I am not going on oral minoxidil everyday.
I plan to use it only twice a week at very low dose (2.5 or 5 mg) to see if it will somehow awaken the dormant follicles.
I am still concernced why people are not discussing about oral NANO. Perhaps if oral NANO is indeed effective without the side effects, then Dr. P will not have any profits.