Just Started Darmarolling Quick Question About It

mryellowman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just started darmarolling and i wanna ask you a quick question.Im using 540 needles 1.5mm dermaroller and when i roll it to my scalp, i feel a little bit pain,no bleeding,a bit redness and after that i apply my minoxidil but i don't feel any difference. Shouldn't i feel something like a pain,burning ? In this case am i not penetrating my skin enough? Thanks for the answers.

Last edited:

Dehydrotestostewronged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just started darmarolling and i wanna ask you a quick question.Im using 540 needles 1.5mm dermaroller and when i roll it to my scalp, i feel a little bit pain,no bleeding,a bit redness and after that i apply my minoxidil but i don't feel any difference. Shouldn't i feel something like a pain,burning ? In this case am i not penetrate my skin enough? Thanks for the answers.

I use a 1.5mm derma roller twice a week and apply minoxidil right afterwards. I rarley have any visible blood dots. Very few and far between. My skin is very red when Im finished (I have a congenital histimaine disorder so Im worse than most people) and most importantly, I'm actually observing neo-follicular regeneration/regrowth on my temples, which began receding over a decade ago.

Jim-101

My Regimen
Reaction score
I use a 1.5mm derma roller twice a week and apply minoxidil right afterwards. I rarley have any visible blood dots. Very few and far between. My skin is very red when Im finished (I have a congenital histimaine disorder so Im worse than most people) and most importantly, I'm actually observing neo-follicular regeneration/regrowth on my temples, which began receding over a decade ago.

Have you noticed any results from derma rolling and minoxidil? Currently on finasteride but not seeing any regrowth results after 7 months, interested in trying DR and min

mryellowman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Thanks for sharing your experience. Do you feel any difference in your scalp when you apply minoxidil alone vs. dermaroll + minoxidil ?

Like i said i used to use minoxidil alone and when i add dermarolling i didn't feel any difference on my scalp. My thoughts on this is you penetrate your skin, so more alcohol and other ingredients should be absorbed more and you should also feel more burning or pain am i wrong? In this case i don't feel any difference so am i not penetrating my skin enough?

Last edited:

Vince_Reagan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have heard 1.5 mm is too big needle size for scalp, 0.5 mm works good. have you guys tried it?

Dehydrotestostewronged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you noticed any results from derma rolling and minoxidil? Currently on finasteride but not seeing any regrowth results after 7 months, interested in trying DR and min

I can't really give you reliable, scientific information because I started finasteride 2 weeks before minoxidil and nizoral and probably started rolling within a week of that. I would say Ive been on minoxidil and derma-rolling 1.5 months now and finasteride nearly 2 months.

I started noticing very small black dots and extremely small hairs beginning to form within weeks using my phone's flash. Now I can see them with the naked eye if I look closely. So for me hairs were showing up within a month tops. probably less.

If finasteride isnt helping (it may just be maintaining) you can look into Topical RU58841.

Attachments

• 0.png
    0.png
    552.3 KB · Views: 393
  • 1.png
    1.png
    1 MB · Views: 289
  • 2.png
    2.png
    838.5 KB · Views: 296
  • 1.png
    1.png
    980.8 KB · Views: 331
  • 2.png
    2.png
    944.7 KB · Views: 310
  • 3.png
    3.png
    724.1 KB · Views: 315
Last edited:

Dehydrotestostewronged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your experience. Do you feel any difference in your scalp when you apply minoxidil alone vs. dermaroll + minoxidil ?

Like i said i used to use minoxidil alone and when i add dermarolling i didn't feel any difference on my scalp. My thoughts on this is you penetrate your skin, so more alcohol and other ingredients should be absorbed more and you should also feel more burning or pain am i wrong? In this case i don't feel any difference so am i not penetrating my skin enough?

Everyone's threshold is different. I have relatively high and it doesn't bother me. I sometimes feel a very vague stinging but not really. It's totally not a big deal whatsoever for me. A complete non-issue. Here is how I look when I finish rolling in terms of redness. (note those two small red dots near the middle of my head are not blood. I dont know wtf they are but theyre always there now.) Keep in mind I have a skin condition and this happens to me more easily than most people, even outside of derma-rolling.

I have heard 1.5 mm is too big needle size for scalp, 0.5 mm works good. have you guys tried it?

People use smaller needle size because they believe it helps minoxidil absorption. I go for neo-follicular generation. I go for tissue damage to induce stem cells to generate new hair follicles. The added minoxidil absorption is just as bonus as far as I'm concerned. The healing process is what actually CREATES the new hair follicles.

Attachments

• 5.png
    5.png
    791.9 KB · Views: 254
  • 4.png
    4.png
    654.8 KB · Views: 283
  • 3.png
    3.png
    1,001.1 KB · Views: 251
  • 6.png
    6.png
    627 KB · Views: 269

RegrowthPlease

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can't really give you reliable, scientific information because I started finasteride 2 weeks before minoxidil and nizoral and probably started rolling within a week of that. I would say Ive been on minoxidil and derma-rolling 1.5 months now and finasteride nearly 2 months.

I started noticing very small black dots and extremely small hairs beginning to form within weeks using my phone's flash. Now I can see them with the naked eye if I look closely. So for me hairs were showing up within a month tops. probably less.

If finasteride isnt helping (it may just be maintaining) you can look into Topical RU58841.
Dude your results look pretty darn good so far. I'm about to start dermarolling myself but i ordered 1mm rollers. Would u recommend going up in size? And how long of rolling did it take for u to get those vellus hairs/ follicles visible? Excited for u tbh

Dehydrotestostewronged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude your results look pretty darn good so far. I'm about to start dermarolling myself but i ordered 1mm rollers. Would u recommend going up in size? And how long of rolling did it take for u to get those vellus hairs/ follicles visible? Excited for u tbh

Thanks very excited too. It's surreal to be honest, if this actually comes to fruition.

I do recommend 1.5mm. That's what the studies were based off of and thats what I went with. I do this twice a week, 3.5 days apart.

I would say I started noticing the hairs mere weeks in. I have a thread, so Ill just date it off of that thread, July 12th... If I had to guess when I started derma rolling Id say the week of June 25th. So yeah. 2-2.5 weeks.

How much was finasteride or minoxidil I dont know. I suspect the derma rolling is the game-changer though.

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...-of-temple-regrowth-pics.115543/#post-1691450

Last edited:

Vince_Reagan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Everyone's threshold is different. I have relatively high and it doesn't bother me. I sometimes feel a very vague stinging but not really. It's totally not a big deal whatsoever for me. A complete non-issue. Here is how I look when I finish rolling in terms of redness. (note those two small red dots near the middle of my head are not blood. I dont know wtf they are but theyre always there now.) Keep in mind I have a skin condition and this happens to me more easily than most people, even outside of derma-rolling.

People use smaller needle size because they believe it helps minoxidil absorption. I go for neo-follicular generation. I go for tissue damage to induce stem cells to generate new hair follicles. The added minoxidil absorption is just as bonus as far as I'm concerned. The healing process is what actually CREATES the new hair follicles.
oh, I see. Do you apply any serums/creams before/after darmarolling?