Just Some Food For Thought About The Future

yep78

Reaction score
I thought about something today, and it kind of made me feel good for the new coming generation of people with male pattern baldness. Basically they're cured. They can take finasteride for like 10 years, and by that point if they need something else, they'll have breezula and a hair transplant if necessary. We're basically to the point now to where balding is a choice for the people that are just now starting to be affected. I know this doesn't apply to a lot of people, and I hope Tsuji comes through in 2020 for the people that need it. But idk, I just kind of took some comfort in knowing that no one in the future is going to have to deal with this crap if they notice it early.

yep78

Reaction score
Not women....

I was referring to male pattern baldness... the kind that affects the vast majority of the population. Of course there's still minor forms of hairloss like AA and AU. I hope Tsuji comes through for women too, but it doesn't really affect them until older age when the diffuse gets really bad, expect in rare cases.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was referring to male pattern baldness...
Androgenetic Alopecia is more and more diffuse in women.
http://www.the-dermatologist.com/article/617
We have some female users here who are experiencing terrible hair loss at very young ages and cannot use finasteride.

Pay attention: I do share your optimism; however I would not generalize as you do because you leave out lots of cases that are close to desperate and would need a different cure than finasteride.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
We're basically to the point now to where balding is a choice for the people that are just now starting to be affected. I know this doesn't apply to a lot of people, and I hope Tsuji comes through in 2020 for the people that need it. But idk, I just kind of took some comfort in knowing that no one in the future is going to have to deal with this crap if they notice it early.

I disagree. We've been at that point for the last 20 years, nearly to the day.

Assuming that FIDIA, Histogen and Shiseido's treatments are released, then we're still at the same point we always were, just you have better options than finasteride & minoxidil. For people who've lost ground that a transplant can't sufficiently cover, they're in just slightly less worse situation than before.

Until these treatments and hair multiplication (it appears Tsuji's could be the first practical use of it) become an affordable, widely available option, Androgenetic Alopecia will still plague the masses. It will be 15 - 20 years before I could just drive downtown to a clinic and pay a few thousand to have my hairloss problem solved.

Everyone likes to say that no price is too high, they'll take out loans, etc. Hang in there a few years and watch how many of these people will do a 180 when faced with actually having to pay the cost of going to, staying in and getting treated in Japan.

anonimoes

My Regimen
Reaction score
i think the same way, but i also know that threads like this can be found 10-15 years ago claiming the same.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
i think the same way, but i also know that threads like this can be found 10-15 years ago claiming the same.

It is irrelevant, though.

I keep looking into this, but there honestly was nothing back in the day that was promising after Propecia aside from Intercytex and Aderans. Bosley's was an obvious scam, laser combs and PRP never had impressive clinical results, and everything else is just a mixture of amino acid and vitamins. The way I see it, only Intercytex and Aderans were the promising treatments that failed (and Aderans didn't really fail as much as give up) and the science surrounding what they strived to achieve is lightyears ahead of where it was then.

The past wasn't remotely the same to now, where we have a myriad of different cell therapies in legitimate trials, the past few years have given us more research into new DHT inhibitors, 4-dimensional printing, superior regeneration of follicles via stem cells, etc.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought about something today, and it kind of made me feel good for the new coming generation of people with male pattern baldness. Basically they're cured. They can take finasteride for like 10 years, and by that point if they need something else, they'll have breezula and a hair transplant if necessary. We're basically to the point now to where balding is a choice for the people that are just now starting to be affected. I know this doesn't apply to a lot of people, and I hope Tsuji comes through in 2020 for the people that need it. But idk, I just kind of took some comfort in knowing that no one in the future is going to have to deal with this crap if they notice it early.
Yeah except finasteride doesn't work for everyone, and usually effects start to fade over the years. I started on finasteride right as my hair loss started 2.5 years ago, and it hasn't slowed my hair loss one bit. So, wouldn't say it is a choice at all now adays.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We do not live in a world where men can take a pill without side effects and slow their hair loss to a tiny crawl. The side effect issue is significant for a real portion of the users. The drug's effectiveness is significant but it is still only moderate. And many users report a reduction in the effectiveness after 5-6 years.

pharma research < decades of widespread real-world usage

Last edited: