Just shaved my head bald...

wombat

Reaction score
Hey matey,

Congrats on doing the shave, I'm sure you don't look as bad as you think. When I first did it I thought I looked funny too. Now I reckon it looks funny when I grow it out a bit. It's just your not used to it.

Shave my poodle

Established Member
Reaction score
I think the worst thing to do is go with the shock and decide to grow it back.
I did this last year, shaved it down then immediately decided I didnt like it and just let it grow back.
But I should really have waited a few weeks, kept shaving it every day or so and tried to get used to it. Would have been much easier in the long run.
Give it some time.

G

I think that most people look better with hair but you do get used to the bald look.

As for clothes and style - I´m with you on that one.

You need to go with the GQ look in order to pull a bald look off. I mean slack + bald = ugly.

So tan, put on the right kind of muscle - the one that doesn´t make you look like a bodybuilder and dress sharp - that will take the edge of the thug look.

Other then that - if you looked good before you can look good after.

Take care man!

Shave my poodle

Established Member
Reaction score
Kyriakin said:
The other issue is the change of image. I've always been a 'pretty boy' style of bloke. The shave has made me look like a thug.

Nothing wrong with looking a bit more thuggish and a bit less pretty IMO The bad boy look is something a lot of girls love.

Thing is, most people you know will be shocked at the change but over time they'll get used to it.

David77

Established Member
Reaction score
Isn't it pathetic though? You have to alter all these other things about you just to fit in with what societies perceptions of what looks good and what doesn't are. Is that not every bit as soul destroying as the losing the hair?

Why do we feel we have to imitate? This can't be right. Yet here I am - probably getting ready to do exactly the same.

Ah f*** the world.

George Costanza

Established Member
Reaction score
The key to everything is to find peace and happiness within yourself and to........ ah to hell with it, who am I kidding? Balding sucks *** :lol:

eentity

Reaction score
any chance of seeing some pics? I'm sure it doesn't look as bad as you think. You and your friends aren't used to it....that's all. To have hair, and then not, is a pretty big change. So you need to realize that it probably takes a while to get used to, and try to be positive.

i'm about to do the same thing, but i'm very scared. but the way i'm looking at it, is that i won't have to worry anymore. It's like peace of mind, whether looking good or not. I know i'll get used to it, and so will my friends. Then i'll slowly but surely not think about my hair and head so much, and get on with my life.

Right now, i have so much anxiety over it to the point of obsessive compulsive that i'm so close to just shaving it off and trying to deal with the new look. god i hate this!!

later

klaus

Established Member
Reaction score
ola um todos. anos do muitos do de do depois, cabelos do os do raspar do sem, resolvi fazer. 10 queda do contra do tratamento do de do anos do de do depois do q do notar do foi do surpresa do minha, estou com mais cabelos agora! isso é otimo, quer dizer q o tratamento esta dando resultado. raspei tambem porque estou usando o rogaine 5% e tem muito propilenoglicol na fórmula e demora penetrar na pele. depois vou deixar crescer de novo. abraços. excuse-me for to write in portuguese. hehehe :lol:

beast

Established Member
Reaction score
shock is very common after shaving ones head....i don't care what people say, long, thin hair looks so much worse than buzzing the hair down. ask any hair stylist, they will tell you that men who are balding and thinning look best with a short cut.

youngguy_uk

Established Member
Reaction score
if you have small circles thats probably good news, in a sense. its a condition a friend of mine had. these small circles may last a few months, but they should fully fill in within a year, maybe within just a few months. they are not a permanent part of male pattern baldness. however, they may recur, so you might get the patches coming back every now and then. see a trichologist or dermatologist about them and get an assessment.