just rogaine?

davekhan

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced any success maintaining what they had by using just topical rogain and Nizoral?

terrapin12

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm doing pretty well nearly two years on Rogaine and one on nizoral, four years after I noticed hair loss.

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
Helped me maintain for like 2 years, after that things sped up much faster than it was before. Not blaming rogaine, just saying after the hair loss got bad enough the rogaine did nothing without an androgen blocker.

edit-- I did not add finasteride for about 2 years after balding resumed. Inner thinning, not recession (so diffuse maybe?) is what I noticed in the 2 years after rogaine waned but I hadn't yet added finasteride.

knowingyou

Established Member
Reaction score
mpb27 said:
Has anyone experienced any success maintaining what they had by using just topical rogain and Nizoral?

It has help me to maintain my hair for years by using just topical rogain and Nizoral from time to time.

longhair1983

Established Member
Reaction score
Agahi said:
Helped me maintain for like 2 years, after that things sped up much faster than it was before. Not blaming rogaine, just saying after the hair loss got bad enough the rogaine did nothing without an androgen blocker.

edit-- I did not add finasteride for about 2 years after balding resumed. Inner thinning, not recession (so diffuse maybe?) is what I noticed in the 2 years after rogaine waned but I hadn't yet added finasteride.

Did finasteride help?

Reaction score
I tried just using rogaine a few years back on my temple area and it regrew hair but from what I remember, it was VERY wirey and fell out at the slightest tug. However, I do have very fine hair, so that might have been part of the reason.

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
longhair1983 said:
Did finasteride help?

It is helping I think. Only been on for something like 100 days or so. Hard to keep an exact count on days when you cut the pills.

davekhan

Reaction score
finasteride helped stopped hairless 2.5 month in,
however had some sides, Not sexually active so don't know how it has impacted my life..

overall, harder to maintain (not impossible) erections
Loss of sex drive, will not masturbate or have sex unless, i have to
no morning wood, decreased amount of semen

noticed something strange i have trouble masturbating in the morning, to a point where I have to really focus..

was doing 1.25 mg of finasteride for about 2.5 months, don't know if its me, the drug, or and over dose of it, was considering the possib of me quitting therefore this question, hope it helps,

majorsixth

Established Member
Reaction score
Used finasteride and regaine for 3.5 yrs with good success, started experiencing sides with finasteride so quit it's use. Now just using regaine for just over the last 3 months, and all is going well. There are some guys over at hair loss help who think I'm doomed without finasteride, Still i'm quite convinced i will be just fine.

jksl

Established Member
Reaction score
majorsixth said:
Used finasteride and regaine for 3.5 yrs with good success, started experiencing sides with finasteride so quit it's use. Now just using regaine for just over the last 3 months, and all is going well. There are some guys over at hair loss help who think I'm doomed without finasteride, Still i'm quite convinced i will be just fine.

How long did you use the finasteride for until you quit? what norwood are you?

knowingyou

Established Member
Reaction score
majorsixth said:
We are on the same boat. I have taken finasteride for over 3 years before I dropped it cold turkey. It did not help me at all while I was on it, it just gave me sides. I did not suffer any more loss after I dropped it. I am still using minoxidil after more than 10 years of using it. It still works for me. I would say both finasteride and minoxidil are not for everyone, minoxidil is for me, but not finasteride.