Just Puffy Nipples But Not Gyno? Worried

lell123

Reaction score
Been on finasteride for 3 months now and i feel like last week on finasteride gave enlarged my chest, my right nipple feels kinda "puffy" when taking finasteride but goes away after being off finasteride for like 2 days and i feel like as soon as i take the pill my nipple will get puffy instantly, im just wondering if its gyno or just storing fat in my chest or something like that? i dont have any hard lumps under my nipples its empty and then chestfat but just in case i want to be sure its not gyno before i start taking it again, i can't honestly quit finasteride, i will be norwood 6 at 23 if i do.... im like norwood 3 since 17 and minoxidil+nizoral isn't enough and ive had hairy *** since like 15 so it kinda says how much f*****g testosterone i have, no other sides on finasteride besides a little numbness in chest every once in a while ( while on finasteride) and just a little puffyer nipple, is there any over the counter products that could help? im planning to get on 0.5mg finasteride for next month and see if it gets worse, my only problem is if gyno gets so bad that i have to operate, right now im fine.

horunger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Treatments for gyno are either ineffective or has extremely harsh sides (aromatase inhibitors). If your breasts start growing you start saving for a trip to thailand to have it surgically removed, your only two options are balding or surgery.

lell123

Reaction score
Go to your doctor and get some blood tests done first to see if any of your hormones are out of whack. You can also get your doctor at the same time to examine them to see if there is any sign of gyno.

Would the blood tests show something? that im developing gyno or something is wrong?

ahmed wolf

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Would the blood tests show something? that im developing gyno or something is wrong?
yes and no
if ur estrogen is high it could be the case for u but not for everyone cuz its all depends on the androgen receptor sensitivity

lell123

Reaction score
Blood tests will show the culprit, which is generally increased estro.

but wouldnt people develop gyno at different estrogen rates? for example if im like 20 estrogen maybe i might not start developing gyno but some people on 15 estrogen would? just an example i dont know anything about real estrogen numbers.

g.i joey

Reaction score
Yes of course, but in order for this to be a symptom of gyno or pseudo gyno you'd have to confirm your elevated levels of estro. Also compare the testo/estro ratio

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
elevated oestrogen is always the culprit . you might be one of the few unfortunate who have puffy nipples while on propecia ( i am one of those ); As soon as I stop my nipples come back to normal .
The thing is will it produce a real firm lump after several years on it ? this is my biggest concern .
Hope tsuji will come on time .

integra

My Regimen
Reaction score
Was pretty much in the same situation, used to take 1.0 mg everyday for a year then puffiness came.
Tried .5 mg everyday didnt help. Even EOD , didnt make a change. Now I take 1.0 mg after every two days.
Symptoms have completely gone . Have also started minoxidril for a month as finasteride was just holding the ground.
Seems to be working.

lell123

Reaction score
elevated oestrogen is always the culprit . you might be one of the few unfortunate who have puffy nipples while on propecia ( i am one of those ); As soon as I stop my nipples come back to normal .
The thing is will it produce a real firm lump after several years on it ? this is my biggest concern .
Hope tsuji will come on time .

Im kinda thinking thats the case for me, i dont have any lumps or real gyno its just that my nipples feel puffy and ive been on finasteride for 3 months now, shouldn't i already have developed a lump or gyno at this point? im just also wondering if it can turn into gyno, i dont mind puffy nipples, im sure workout would help but if theres a lump that needs operating then i kinda have to stop doing it, im completly fine as long as my nipples stay like they are but im scared it will eventually turn into gyno, what are some other logical explanations? storing more fat/water in chest because of estrogen? because of sodium? my nipples are puffy but behind my nipples is just emptyness and then chest muscles.

im thinking of adding zinc and b6 vitamin, ive heard they decrease estrogen and might help out with puffy nipples(gyno?) and i might go 0.5mg EOD and see if my chest gets worse or not, if it doesnt i might start going 0.5mg everyday again.

donsf448

My Regimen
Reaction score
Like everyone else is saying, see your doctor. It could just be in your head. But a doctor would be able to tell you right away if the tissue in your chest is abnormal and should advise you to stop immediately. If not, then just keep using finasteride. Your mind can play games on you when you're on a medication with scary (but rare) side effects.

lell123

Reaction score
Like everyone else is saying, see your doctor. It could just be in your head. But a doctor would be able to tell you right away if the tissue in your chest is abnormal and should advise you to stop immediately. If not, then just keep using finasteride. Your mind can play games on you when you're on a medication with scary (but rare) side effects.

i guess, its just that im in college and dont really have much money to throw around, dermatologist appointment costs 50$ and without getting 100% answer its really risky, also i pay around 40$ for 1 month supply of finasteride and 30$ every 6 months on minoxidil so yeah im just trying to self diagnose

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
i developped lump from propecia ( 2 years on) that went away when i stopped . But when i ake it again the pufinnes come back and the lump start reforming; And i took several mammography to prove it

lell123

Reaction score
i developped lump from propecia ( 2 years on) that went away when i stopped . But when i ake it again the pufinnes come back and the lump start reforming; And i took several mammography to prove it

i told my derm my story and she said to cancel my meds and get a mammography before continuing with treatment, im wondering if it does anything because i havent developed any lumps yet, maybe i should just get a bloodtest? did you feel anything when you were developing gyno? i kinda feel like i worked out my chest so its kinda numb and muscle numbness, i only feel that like 2-3 times a day, it comes like in waves.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
i am really muscular , and always paranoid about my body. the weird thing is that i fell strictly nothing . I was several Doctor who just told me i got nothing but it was in my head . But i could see my nipple were puffier than normal . I never got things like this even during puberty . So i knew something was wrong .
Unfortunately you have to make a choice . Me too i have to accept this while on propecia

lell123

Reaction score
i am really muscular , and always paranoid about my body. the weird thing is that i fell strictly nothing . I was several Doctor who just told me i got nothing but it was in my head . But i could see my nipple were puffier than normal . I never got things like this even during puberty . So i knew something was wrong .
Unfortunately you have to make a choice . Me too i have to accept this while on propecia

ehh sucks man, not sure what to do... hair is pretty important but i dont want to walk around with b cup either, have you tried zinc and other estrogen decreasing supplements?

donsf448

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well if you really think you have gyno then I would stop taking propecia immediately. But just make sure its not all in your head.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
that was just some puffy nipples , not a gyno . i am quite a bodybuilder so i notice things people don't pay attention about . I hated the fact of having puffy nipples despite being lean and shredded

lell123

Reaction score
Well if you really think you have gyno then I would stop taking propecia immediately. But just make sure its not all in your head.
Yeah but im not sure if it is gyno, i think it might be just puffy nipples but im not even sure if there can be puffy nipples without developing gyno eventually, and i know its not in my head, im not really vunerable to placebos and nocebos, ive had this weird feeling like muscle numbness in my chest for like 2 months so like a month after i started but i ignored it thinking its just my body getting used to it, but like third month in i actually started feeling it more and my nipples got puffy.

that was just some puffy nipples , not a gyno . i am quite a bodybuilder so i notice things people don't pay attention about . I hated the fact of having puffy nipples despite being lean and shredded
oh i thought you said you developed lump a.k.a gyno or at not all lumps gyno? i think i might have similar case as yours, just nipple puffyness without gyno( if thats even possible)