Just popped my very first finasteride pill

dazzer1970

Reaction score
It's taken me ten days to pluck up the courage to do it. I just though sod it and popped the little bugger. I'm more than a little apprehensive.

Need to thicken up the crown area and see if anything can be done with the temples -although, funnily enough - they've never really bothered me THAT much, it's only since the crown started diffusing that I'm pissed off.

How long once after you've started taken finasteride do you tend to get side effects- if any? Days, weeks, months? The only ones that really concern me are the reported ones about cloudy mind and depressions. How rare are they?

Am also on minoxidil 5% - nizoral 2% -Saw Palmetto/ Vits and minerals etc.

SE-freak

Reaction score
Dazzer,

Most sides appear relatively quickly and for them to subside it can probably take from a couple of weeks to a couple of months-depending on how quickly your body adjusts.(these from posts by people using finasteride).

Cloudy mind and depression would be on my mind too.

My problem is crown thinning too, so please keep us posted of your progress.

Good luck Jim.

dead

Experienced Member
Reaction score
dazzer1970 said:
How long once after you've started taken finasteride do you tend to get side effects- if any? Days, weeks, months? The only ones that really concern me are the reported ones about cloudy mind and depressions. How rare are they?

don't look for side effects that are not there, you may just find them.

The Rock

Established Member
Reaction score
Cloudy mind and depression would be on my mind too.

Is that actually a side effect that is depression an actual effect of finasteride, or are you saying if you take finasteride and it doesn't work you'll be become depressed?..........cuz in I feel more depressed in recent times than before, so j/w.

dazzer1970

Reaction score
Ok. A few hours in and nothing too bad, although I defo feel a bit spaced out, just a little, but definately there. Nothing else to report though.

I don't feel like I'm turning into an alien.

Tyler, you're right about looking for sides. I'm actually more aware of my body and it's sensations today.

alfonso2501

Established Member
Reaction score
Just chill dazzer! Nothing dramatic is going to happen in the next few days. Don’t think too much about it. Just take it every day and continue with your everyday life.

Stingray

Reaction score
"Don't go looking for snakes. You might find them"

A

Administrator

dazzer1970 said:
It's taken me ten days to pluck up the courage to do it.
You are your own worst enemy right now. Try to ignore your brain. It will do you a load of good.

I just though sod it and popped the little bugger.
And absolutely nothing happened, right? Get used to it. Probably will stay that way.

How long once after you've started taken finasteride do you tend to get side effects- if any?
Not sure why the guy above said "fairly quickly and for up to 2 months". Id say you may start to see some increased libido in a couple weeks and then nothing. If that at all. Most likely absolutely nothing. If something does happen, it may last at most a few weeks and they are almost always very very VERY subtle, if at all.

The only ones that really concern me are the reported ones about cloudy mind and depressions. How rare are they?
Rare enough that they did not even make it onto the published side effects list after 1,500 men tried it for 2 years.

LOL ... saw palmetto caused about 50% more side effects for me than Propecia did. If you haven't seen any, you're going to be fine on Finasteride. Taking both would not be wise however. Drop the Saw Palmetto.

I have to say it cracks me up that people are terrified to take finasteride but they pop saw palmetto no problemo! Its just as potent of an antiandrogen (therefore qualifies as a DRUG) as finasteride.

HairLossTalk.com

VWdude

Reaction score
just do what I do... sit back and enjoy the sweet sweet hair growth.