Just Placed An Order At Lordhair For A Stock Lace System With Base Cut-in And Haircut

Laconian

My Regimen
Reaction score
Creating this thread for anyone thinking about Lordhair. I don't exactly trust the reviews on Amazon and on the LH website so I thought I'd start a thread about the process from start to finish.

Went with the S7 which is full lace medium light density (https://www.lordhair.com/s7-stock-full-lace-hairpieces-for-men.html). Chose #2 (dark brown) because I read that the actual colours tend to run lighter than the colour chart. My current piece is #7ASH but it's much darker than LH's #7ASH so I hope #2 will be a good fit.

I was hesitating between medium and medium light density. Decided to go with medium light as the colour will be dark and I don't want the system looking like a wig. Also read somewhere that LH's medium density is almost unrealistically dense.

Measured my current hairstyle at all the points on the LH template (https://www.lordhair.com/custom-options/hair-cut-in.html) and filled them in while ordering. I'm skeptical about the quality of the haircut because I expect that LH stylists use just scissors which will leave the ends looking like doll's hair. My tech used a barber's razor to cut my system and I intend to get one myself if the LH haircut is not up to snuff.

Measured my base width and length and filled that in as well while ordering.

Got a $20 discount as it's my first order plus another $3 discount from the 150 loyalty points they give you when you register. $179 for the unit, $20 for haircut, $10 for base cut-in. Total $186. Paid by Paypal. Free shipping to Poland but I expect to pay 23% VAT plus possible additional fees that I'm not fully aware of.

Now I wait.

Last edited:

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Creating this thread for anyone thinking about Lordhair. I don't exactly trust the reviews on Amazon and on the LH website so I thought I'd start a thread about the process from start to finish.

Went with the S7 which is full lace medium light density (https://www.lordhair.com/s7-stock-full-lace-hairpieces-for-men.html). Chose #2 (dark brown) because I read that the actual colours tend to run lighter than the colour chart. My current piece is #7ASH but it's much darker than LH's #7ASH so I hope #2 will be a good fit.

I was hesitating between medium and medium light density. Decided to go with medium light as the colour will be dark and I don't want the system looking like a wig. Also read somewhere that LH's medium density is almost unrealistically dense.

Measured my current hairstyle at all the points on the LH template (https://www.lordhair.com/custom-options/hair-cut-in.html) and filled them in while ordering. I'm skeptical about the quality of the haircut because I expect that LH stylists use just scissors which will leave the ends looking like doll's hair. My tech used a barber's razor to cut my system and I intend to get one myself if the LH haircut is not up to snuff.

Measured my base width and length and filled that in as well while ordering.

Got a $20 discount as it's my first order plus another $3 discount from the 150 loyalty points they give you when you register. $179 for the unit, $20 for haircut, $10 for base cut-in. Total $186. Paid by Paypal. Free shipping to Poland but I expect to pay 23% VAT plus additional fees that I'm not fully aware of.

Now I wait.

Let me know how it goes. So far as I can tell, Lord is a very good company for a slew of reasons.

I also ordered the S7 twice, neither unit lasting longer than a week, despite seeming to be Superior products out of the box.

In each case, the second wash ruined the units in the most unforgivable way.

They better resolve this

Let me know how it works out for you.

I've had 4 units now, and I wash them before first use.

Both Lord units did perfectly after the first wash, but both went to hell following second wash. I mean, they're beyond unusable.

Laconian

My Regimen
Reaction score
So the system arrived about a week ago. Very fast shipping. Less than a week to reach Poland. Surprisingly I didn't have to pay any duties/VAT because LH put the value of the package at $10, so I saved about $50 USD. So far so good. Fast shipping, no VAT, nice packaging.

The system itself makes a good first impression. Unfortunately the haircut was significantly longer than what I expected, so I'm still in the process of cutting it myself. I've already cut it a few times but it's still not where I want it to be.

The colour is darker than I expected and combined with the density it has a slightly unnatural look, so I'm trying to fade the system naturally by letting it sit on the window sill all day and taking it with me to the tanning salon.

The lace is very strange. I've put the system through one wash/condition and rubbed the lace down with rubbing alcohol several times but my Walker ultra hold mini tabs still don't want to stick. It's irritating. I'll put it through another wash/condition after I finish cutting the hair.

I won't comment on the quality of the hair as it's a new system and it's still in the "poofy" stages, but it seems to be drier than the system I got from my tech. Generally speaking my tech's system is better from the quality of the hair down to the durability and craftsmanship of the lace.

And here is where I'm very skeptical about the system from LH and what I think could be the reason for the problems experienced by @cottonReville . Several of the stitching lines are completely loose at the perimeter. So if I pull hard on that stitching line I'll definitely experience a "drawstring" effect and the system will crumple. I can imagine that could easily happen with a glue bond and some harder tugging at the system. I don't know how the loose stitches will perform with tape and whether I should just completely cut them off.

For now I'll be starting the 13th week with my first hair system which I got for $500 USD including cut-in and styling. My tech said he has the same Chinese supplier as Heydecke and now I can believe him because I do see a difference in quality. But I'll have to actually start wearing the Lordhair system before I can pass judgement and decide if the savings are worth it.

Laconian

My Regimen
Reaction score
Today was my first day wearing the system. Spent about two hours last night giving it a final cut and another wash/condition. It's still a little longer than I'd like it to be but for now I'll wait until the poof goes down before deciding whether to shorten it again.

Since my last pics many weeks ago I've grown in my eyebrows (I was plucking them to make them lighter) and grew out my side hair significantly. Unfortunately my temples are thinning a little (the right more than the left), but I'm just using eyeliner to cover it up. I hope the thinning doesn't continue because an undercut doesn't suit my oval face so I definitely prefer longer temple hair.

Edit: The colour is one or two shades darker than my bio hair. I know it will fade over time but for now I have a slightly "ruggish" look with the really dark brown with no grays combined with the density. I can't imagine how fake the high density LH systems must look. Next time I'll go with #4ASH (medium dark brown with ash tones). Definitely better to go lighter than darker if you want a natural look.

Pics of new system (dark brown) and old system (dark blonde):

Attachments

• blackhair2small.jpg
    blackhair2small.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 285
  • sideblack.jpg
    sideblack.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 287
  • bear.jpg
    bear.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 299
Last edited:

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks really good & easy to maintain.

Is that the issue? The damn strings? I was wondering if it had to do with those or hair flipping the wrong way through the lace.

Either way, I'll be buying from different suppliers henceforth.

The 108-dollar piece from Amazon is excellent - no longer heavy now that it's been cut. Removing tape from the base is surprisingly difficult though. I'll have to get some lace release w oil I think.

II.

You say you remove your piece every night then stick it on again. How does it continue to stick well day after day? What tape are you using?

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
excellent job and look. I prefer the dark brown, but honestly at first, I though the pics were all taken with the same piece ( i mean same t-shirt, decor, etc..) I have also experienced loose cross stitching in lace pieces... especially when combing hair after first install. the comb gets stuck in the stich...I end up not pulling hard, locating the cross stitch that is loose,and cutting it.

Laconian

My Regimen
Reaction score
@cottonReville either the strings or the hairs coming through the base, which there were a lot of after the second wash. I just took a pair of scissors and cut them all. With a unit this dense (it's the S7) and affordable I don't have to obsess over shedding/losing hairs.

I use Walker Ultra Hold Mini Tabs but I just realized that I can buy Ultra Hold rolls instead of tabs and save some cash. So I just ordered an Ultra Hold roll and another roll of Walker Super Stick just to test it out.

I don't have to reinforce the bond at the hairline for several days, but every day I add some extra tape at the back and sides before attaching the unit. I spray the base with rubbing alcohol to reactivate the bond in the old tape before applying.

@AxC123 thanks in that case that's what I'll do as well after the next wash which should be in about two weeks. By the way I have five or six of those t-shirts and that's basically all I wear these days. I love the simplicity and minimalism.

@Xyz23 thanks man.

Laconian

My Regimen
Reaction score
@cottonReville I leave gaps here and there to save on tape. I also cut the tabs in half to maximize the product. The tabs are 1.9cm wide while the Ultra Hold tape roll I ordered the other day is 2.5cm, so I'll have thicker strips from now on. Either way I did the math and it seems I go through about 3 metres of tape every six weeks or so.