just my !@#$ing luck..

Sir_LagaLot

Established Member
Reaction score
Date : Today

illiterate Barber : you're losing hair from the front

Me : i know, trying to do something about me, just shedding for the time being

illiterate Barber : hm, what you using? Not proscar right?

Me : *cough..no......(i am actually)

illiterate Barber: good, i have this customer, hes 45, he was thinning at the front and was taking some medicine called proscar. i cut his hair the other day, he had tits till here (points to mid stomach) . He just had it operated on, now hes ok.

Gods being extremely cruel to me this week :lol: , first i'm shedding like a b**ch, then i'm going through sides (libido loss), then the barber draws attention to my thinning front and vertex. and then , he scares me to death about gyno.

fatman

Reaction score
you're being scared by someone that has no background in any of this. He's just a barber, somebody that just have taken a course in cutting hair. the fact that he mentioned "some medicine named proscar" proves right there he knows nothing. If he did, he wouldnt be a barber. You should have said, no im not taking proscar, i'm taking propecia. He'll probably say, oh okae.. good.

A

Administrator

Man ... that conversation does suck.

The bottom line on Gyno is simple. You don't wake up with DD's overnight. If you are halfway intelligent, you'll notice signs of it long before anything happens, and the solution is simple ... stop the Propecia. Until then, enjoy the great results it brings you and just be a normal responsible individual and keep an eye on what your body is telling you. Piece of cake. Stats have proven time and time again there is a higher than 90% chance that you'll never experience a single side effect and higher than 97% chance that you'll never know what gyno is firsthand.

Admin

21gone

Established Member
Reaction score
perhaps the reason for that was because he was taking proscar as the whole pill instead of being cut up which would greatly increase the risk.

20sometingtoo

Established Member
Reaction score
You wouldnt let the teenager who cleans your car at the nearest carwash go under your hood just because he gives it a buff and shine every once in a while.

viperfish

Reaction score
20sometingtoo said:
You wouldnt let the teenager who cleans your car at the nearest carwash go under your hood just because he gives it a buff and shine every once in a while.

It depends on what she looks like! She may be able to do all the buffing and shineing she wants (as long as she is legal).

A

Administrator

pmzito said:
if you are worried about gyno, at 1st sign i would take anti estrogen
The last thing you want to do with a side effect caused by a hormonal modulator is take another hormonal modulator and compound the equation. If you have an adverse reaction to Propecia, simply lower the dose or stop taking it. I would not recommend adding an anti-estrogen unless you want a real potential mess on your hands.

Admin

Chris Johnson

Reaction score
Admin, Can I ask why? I'm very sensitive to Estrogen and have been taking aromasin with propecia for 6 months now with no adverse reactions thus far. Blood work checks out and check up with the Doctor was fine. Is there something I'm missing here? If there's a real problem using both please let me know.

A

Administrator

Im just drawing on common sense that Mom gave me. I would advise a person to lower dosage or drop Propecia altogether before I would suggest they treat Gyno related Propecia with an anti estrogen. If the reasons aren't obvious then lets just say its my opinion.

Admin

Sir_LagaLot

Established Member
Reaction score
hm, does gyno go away itself if you lower the dosage or stop taking finasteride?...is gyno basically water retention? if it is how would it go away without treatment. And...if it doesnt go away, what anti-estrogen would you use? any name?..

yeah i know, i'm not letting an illiterate barber get to me..and yeah for all i know maybe the dude taking it was taking the entire proscar pill. all he knew was the name of the pill, not the dosage or how regular he was taking it. it IS pretty stupid to have "tits till mid stomach", i guess the guy did notice the gyno but continued taking proscar , maybe cause he was getting good results...like admin said, you cant just get DD's overnight.