just minoxidil no finasteride, thoughts?

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
what up dudes

i ran out of finasteride about 3 weeks ago and have been without it since then, i have the perscription for a refill as of today and i'm probably gonna go pick it up later but i think i feel and look better without finasteride. i noticed some major DECREASE in libido with my dropping of finasteride, but i also noticed i look like a rock star and have more energy. i look alot less tired and besides my wiener being soft i'm alot more smooth and sociable, i never thought i had "brain fog" but now i feel super conscious and aware if that makes any sense. maybe i got used to living with a funny brain and now it's back to it's old self.

anyone get anything like this? or opinions?

anyone know how long minoxidil alone can maintain the hair it grows?

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
Since I have used Proscar (5 month) I feel weird, not myself and really tired as well. But the positive side is I have hair I guess :shock:

pologuy514

Established Member
Reaction score
Dietcola, I teach a class for my capstone at the University and I could definitely tell today that I felt out of the loop in how energetic and how much enthusiasm I usually have. Not a huge fan of the feeling. Have a good one bro.

-Pologuy

chino20

Established Member
Reaction score
Seriously? Dietcola how long did it take you to feel normal? I've got very important finals coming up, really need to be 100%, I think I might stop taking it as of today, the first one's on wednesday, hope that's long enough to notice some improvement if there will be any!

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
it took me a couple of weeks to notice anything, i'm going back on finasteride right away and if this feeling comes back i'll probably drop it.

antonio666

Reaction score
dietcola,get on propecia right now,look at the progress you have made and your prepared to ruin all that.

It kind of upsets me that you are being so casual with your treatment
when you have had good luck on them,i myself have had nothing but bad luck since starting treatment yet stick to the treatment everyday.

I know this sounds like sour grapes and it is to a large extent.

but since you have made good progress don't throw it away

RaginDemon

Reaction score
I think you should drop it gradually. Just a suggestion

Sean68

Reaction score
i dunno. it sounds a bit like when i gave up smoking pot for a while. the
first few days i was like 'wow this is great im never gonna smoke again'
then it just levelled out and i got used to it. i think the same will happen
here. if youre getting good results i personally would mess around with the
dose and try and find a happy medium.

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I don't know I kind of agree with Antonio if you're having results bro, don't drop it.

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
This is interesting as I have had nothing but downhill for 6 months on finasteride and very tired all that time although less so due to only taking 0.25mg a day now. I am so tempted to do what you have here especially as I think finasteride is working negatively for me and I get sides too - so pain and no gain, not much incentive to stay on it.

Keep us posted on what you do. If fins been working for you tho I would get back on it ASAP or reduce dose like I did.

I have had great libido since on it and my partner and girfriend loved it..could last for hours sometimes...oposite of side many seem to get.

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It's so depressing when hair loss strikes early. i mean I read this dudes story and yes he had great regrowth. But hes only 21; if he feels messed up now imagine what it will do to him taking a propecia every single day for the rest of his life. I'm goign to get some foam soon and I'm going to go for eucapil as my anti-androgen blocker. By all means laugh away but I'm gonna give it a try.

recognition2

Established Member
Reaction score
Using both foam and propecia is not such a strain. Only if u have side effects, but from what I hear it's pretty rare and supportable.

jericson

Reaction score
I've noticed I feel tired all of the time, but I don't know if it is from the Propecia or if it is just me. I have been taking it for 4 years and never really thought that Propecia might be the problem until now. I would think about dropping it, but I really don't want to lose all my hair by stopping it. Maybe dutasteride wouldn't have those effects, seeing as I have been thinking about starting it anyways.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
jericson said:
I've noticed I feel tired all of the time, but I don't know if it is from the Propecia or if it is just me. I have been taking it for 4 years and never really thought that Propecia might be the problem until now. I would think about dropping it, but I really don't want to lose all my hair by stopping it. Maybe dutasteride wouldn't have those effects, seeing as I have been thinking about starting it anyways.

Did Propecia at least maintain your hair for the past 4 yrs?

I would guess the answer is an "yes" since that would explain why your still on it.

JonA

Reaction score
ye, i stopped after about 4 months cos if libido,,, wen i stopped i realised how sleepy I used to be. I used to feel like a zomby all the time lol...... been off it since febuary but kept up my minoxidil 'alothough reduced it to 1x 1.5ml daily.... havent noticed any detrimental effects yet.......... hair still the same.