Just made topical MSM and tried it...Now little white flakes

Thin

Established Member
Reaction score
I just mixed some Aloe Vera and MSM together and gave it a shot. Now after its dried out I can see a ton of white tiny flakes everywhere I applied it. Its even worst since I have dark hair.

Did I mix it wrong? Anyone have the same problem?

user1234

Reaction score
when I did this my dick fell off...

how about trying to take the msm orally?.. works for me

Thin

Established Member
Reaction score
Maybe you should read my sig before making that comment.

Petchsky

Reaction score
I don't know who told you to use MSM topically, or if it was your own idea, but don't do it. That's not how it works. MSM is just sulphur. It does not do anything to the DHT in your scalp. It's a nutrient. You have to ingest it, then it's used by your body as a nutrient to grow thicker hair.

87david

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't know who told you to use MSM topically, or if it was your own idea, but don't do it. That's not how it works. MSM is just sulphur. It does not do anything to the DHT in your scalp. It's a nutrient. You have to ingest it, then it's used by your body as a nutrient to grow thicker hair.

I see that MSM is used in the topical formula "Ozbrew." Don't know where the name came from, but the formula is discussed pretty frequently at hairlosshelp.com. I have seen that some people just use topical MSM instead of the other ingredients in Ozbrew. One person in particular said that he had excellent regrowth using it http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/mess ... SGDBTABLE=
If you are getting white flakes, you might be putting too much MSM in your formula. I measured it out, and you would need approximately 1 teaspoon in a 2oz bottle (such as a Rogaine bottle) in distilled water.

diffuse_curse

Reaction score
i read an experiment about onion juice..let me tell shortly..a placebo grup massaged to scalp with only water daily..others with onion juice daily..later the group(onion juice) had some good results(regrow)(perheaps u can find the experiment in internet)..sulphur is very rich in onion..so a chance for success with topical msm..

powersam

Reaction score
oddly enough diffuse_curse, Dr Vogel who is the most celebrated and respected natural therapist in the world recommends rubbing onions on your balding patches to stimulate regrowth. No joke. This is a man much respected in the scientific community also, not just the hairy armpit brigade.

diffuse_curse

Reaction score
i have to stop grape seed topical..because i can t find ethyl alcohol easily anymore...i think it was working for me..you know japanese study(it can be found easily in internet)..but no information about grape seed solution there...% ethyl alcohol?..%20..%40..only writing is %1 grape seed..i can t dissolve it in water-based solution(water dissolve but not good)..i need ethyl..and i can t find it...glycerin can be an alternative?(i hate its smell)..i need an alternative..but it must be found easily..and friendly to haircells..opinion?

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
Try freebasing it. If that doesn't work, maybe use it as a suppository?

Chorizo

Reaction score
Try freebasing it. If that doesn't work, maybe use it as a suppository?

ROFL :lol: :lol: :lol:

diffuse_curse

Reaction score
"Try freebasing it. If that doesn't work, maybe use it as a suppository?"..
i tolerated you but i must say smt..hairwego..what is the matter?..i can answer this in your style..but i won t..i dislike these kind of dialogues..what kind of obsessions do u have?..are you supposed to answer to me?..please avoid from me..i don t wanna be in same topics anymore..

science-jay

Established Member
Reaction score
user1234 said:
when I did this my dick fell off...

how about trying to take the msm orally?.. works for me

Tell me, what do you mean by "it works for me" you're hair is growing faster?

Thinning

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You can buy MSM cream and gel from health food stores. Ive read that its used to treat scalp conditions ( scaly scalp ) pretty successfully.

I got some cream for a training injury, it reduces inflammaion nearly as good as things like sportscream, oral ibuprofin and bengay, but its method of action is more conducive to muscle growth. I would say its about 50% as effective as them.

I rubbed some on my scalp a couple times but didnt notice it made my scalp feel any better, guess I would have to stick with it.