Just how effective is spironolactone?

FLYYUL

Reaction score
Has anybody here tried Dr.Lee's spironolactone cream?

Does it seem effective in your treatment.. I just got some, havent started minoxidil, but hoping the spironolactone could at least slow things down.

JesusFreak

Established Member
Reaction score
In my experience it has worked as well as the best known results for propecia, which is I got substantial, moderate-to-dense, regrowth from using Dr. Lee's 2% as a single agent and only after 3 months. See my other post for details. IMO and IME, its best treatment on the market for male pattern baldness.

George Costanza

Established Member
Reaction score
Well I've been on the 5% lotion for about 6 months now but the results have been less than thrilling. Like someone said in another post though, it looks very good on paper.

George Costanza

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't know anything for certain yet. All I know is that I have had thickening and no real cosmetical regrowth as far as I can tell. And the thickening could have been contributed to the lasercomb which I started about the same time. My receding seems to be worse than before but my crown looks better so it's hard to be sure what's happening. There haven't been any miracles yet but I will continue using spironolactone for probably a year before I drop it, if ever.

JesusFreak

Established Member
Reaction score
I also used the 5% cream version, and justified or not, I didnt think it worked compared with the 2% alcohol version.

My conclusion was that applying the alcohol version on a damp scalp was the best way to deliver the drug to the follicle.

The Gardener

Reaction score
I am getting great results from six months of a minoxidil/spironolactone/Nizoral regime, in addition to a renewed committment to healthier living that I took up about the same time. Can't say exactly how big a factor the spironolactone has been in my results, but I am not about to stop it given how kind this regimen has been to me.

I agree with Jesusfreak... I have tried both the 5% in the cream carrier and the 2% alcohol base, and I think the 2% is more effective. Not a scientific claim, just a personal feeling I had after using both.