just got spectral dnc-n, what shampoo do i use?

phlifter

Reaction score
i ordered spectral dnc-N and it just came and all i got was a topical thing and a spray to spray it with. i thought it was supposed to come with a shampoo and conditioner to use with it like spectral dnc and dnc f7...can anyone please shed some light on this for me because i am a 21 year old who is desperately anxious to try this treatment. thank you oh and as of now i have been using this shampoo in a big blue bottle called Moroccan oil and its conditioner in a white bottle.

TEDDYRUKSPIN

Reaction score
No shampoo is included with this.

You should try 2% nizoral shampoo. I would'nt use it daily to be honest as it really dries your hair. Some people swear on using it daily. I can't stand the after smell as it is more like a smelly turd smell after a few hours. Sorry for the expression.

If you have thin hair, you can try any hair thickening shampoo like L'oreal.

I'm currently trying out Body Shop Ginger Shampoo and Vitamin E Conditioner. You don't need to stick to this brand but I really don't know if it makes a difference.

Up to now, DNC-N is make small long hairs for me. Not a lot but one strand as a time.

phlifter

Reaction score
i have been reading and doesn't the 2% nizoral cause a shed, that's what I'm afraid of. also I have long hair and the dnc-n has been leaving my hair greasy, even in the morning, is that normal? I have no problem with this as long as the dnc-n is working. as of now I'm using this shampoo (http://www.google.com/m/products/detail ... 7911638233) it's called morrocan oil, idk if its even good or not. I'm just so afraid cuz I'm only 21, please and thank you for all the help, I'm on finasteride and dnc-n and I think now I just need a good shampoo and conditioner that won't cause a shed and that'll help with my frontal lobe area (hairline area)

TEDDYRUKSPIN

Reaction score
Just to say, I would not touch any oil based shampoo or conditioner. I can't vouch for it.

Over the good ten years (coming to ten years), I have been on propecia since. I have been on and off, minoxidil (regaine), other rubbish on the way and now spectral DNC-N. DNC-lotion did not work for me.

Would I recommend you to continue this? I can't say. Oil based shampoo would give you that oil look.

I would vouch for this! Wash your hair daily! I mean daily! This is a definite plus in keeping your hair longer.

DNC-N does make your scalp a bit shiny!

One thing you can see is that I always keep my hair reasonably short. I tried growing it out and my scalp just got really oily / greasy and a started to get heat related spots.

This is your choice.

If you really want to stick to this shampoo, you should alternate your hair wash habit. Try nizoral one day, normal shampoo another, and so on.

phlifter

Reaction score
I mean I'm very open for anything right now, but did you say that the dnc-n didn't work for you? I'm spraying it in the receding hairline spots and then rubbing it in and then I go to sleep about 4 hours after! this is my first topical and hopefully it goes well, I just still need to find a shampoo since apparently the morrocon oil is no good. I appreciate all your help, is there any way you can tell me if this is a good shampoo, it's like all organic from the vitamin shoppe. http://www.google.com/m/products/catalo ... CHkQ8wIwAQ