just got some revivogen

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
This is just a test-post. Please ignore.

Bryan

Reaction score
Dear HairLossTalk.com,
I'm new to Revivogen and have been using it for about 1 month.
My problem is that I'm using too much. I'm use to using hairloss products such as minoxidil on a hydrated scalp so I "psychologically" feel a product will work only if the hair has somewhat of a damp feeling to it. Since Revivogen is not intended on a hydrated scalp due to its oily ingredients, I end up using around 3 ml each time (once per day) for the whole scalp since I have overall diffuse thinning. I need to feel the dampness. So since I don't hydrate the scalp, I need to use a lot.

Do you have any suggestions on how I can use less? For example, I really care about the hairline. Sometimes I use my fingers to smear the product and then go on a second round of just damping the hairline without smearing so I can actually see the oils sitting there.

On a second point, do you think I can just use the dropper to smear the scalp? When I smear with my fingers, the substances suddenly disappear. I'm not sure if they are absorbed into the scalp or the fingers!!!

Thanks for your input.

viperfish

Reaction score
I apply 2 ml sometimes more and I'm treating my entire scalp. It does soak in readily, but usually I lightly rub it into the areas where I apply it. I would not worry if your hair is not damp with it and nor does it need to be. I find by rubbing it in, it soaks into the surrounding areas.

HairlossCA

Reaction score
I have a question for those that use Revivogen in conjunction with spironolactone:

I wonder if I would stand to benefit from adding in spironolactone 5% on only the weekend days? (I tried spironolactone by itself recently but stopped after I bought some Revivogen).

The reason I ask is b/c I simply don't have the time to apply 2 topicals every night, nor do I want to. If I am correct, the spironolactone study called for a daily application of spironolactone, so I wonder if anyone on this forum has benefitted from a less frequent application?

I am currently using Revivogen (once daily), 1.25mg Proscar a day, and 2% Nizoral roughly 3 times a week.

Thanks!

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
A doctor once said to me:

"I had a patient who kept coming in with a pain in his arm. He said to me Doctor ... it hurts when I do this (motioning with his arm in a peculiar fashion). I told him, the solution to your problem is easy. Don't do that with your arm".

HairLossTalk.com

socks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
HairlossTalk said:
By the way socks - good advice on page 1 of this thread. Thank you.

HairLossTalk.com

/bow

Thank you. I'm thinking of starting Revivogen myself in the next couple months and glad to know to refrigerate the stuff! :)