Just got screwed...

Topper

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm a Canadian resident who decided to buy a Rogaine 5% 4- Pack online. I sought out some recommendations for good websites from here and ultimately decided on ShopinPrivate.com.

Anyway, I submitted my order (with credit card #) on December 23. As of this week it hadn't arrived- and I started to get mildly worried since they said it would take between 2 to 3 weeks.

Well, last night the box finally arrived- but it had been stripped open and the minoxidil had been taken out. Only the receipt remained (which is an insult to me).

In the end, I got jipped for $70+ and any confidence I have in purchasing online again. I decided to pick ShopInPrivate since I didn't have the money to seek out a prescription, and now I just lost a ton of money with nothing to show for it at all.

Shitty.

(Sorry to bring you down. I just had to vent.)

Brian

shineydome

Established Member
Reaction score
I purchased from Shopinprivate.com in October and order arrived
in 4 days. No problem from that vendor. Sounds like some
male pattern baldness guy intercepted along the route.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
shineydome said:
I purchased from Shopinprivate.com in October and order arrived
in 4 days. No problem from that vendor. Sounds like some
male pattern baldness guy intercepted along the route.

exactly, who the hell would steal minoxidil?

hopewas

Reaction score
when ordering from a site you've never ordered in before, always by something cheap..if you get it in suitable time. order on it again and spend a lot of money..that's what i do.. even though i gambled on proscar and paid nearly 300 dollars for a year supple. i trusted mike on here though to order it from the site he gets it from

Topper

Reaction score
It's not the Website I ordered from that I think did anything fishy. It just seemed to me that the box got ripped open at the border by, as someone suggested, customs officers. They took out the medicine (minoxidil) and re-taped it, and sent it on its way (as an empty box).

I was under the impression that it was next to impossible for that to happen but I guess I activated that tiny chance. What wonderful luck. I mean, ignorance is bliss here- I was actually considering the chance/likelihood that that precise outcome was going to happen, even before I submitted the order. In that sense, I'm paranoid. It now has me thinking that had I just played it cool (mentally), it would've arrived in one piece and my $$ would not have been wasted.

Of course, it makes no sense to feel that way but sometimes you just think you have all the worst luck in the world. It's tough to cope.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to read my post! Maybe next time it'll be better!

Brian

Hard2Hide

Reaction score
Employee theft is a big problem for UPS and Fedex. Mostly jewelry though.

They have cameras all over their sort areas, but it still happens with like .001% of all packages.

I have a friend who works security for UPS.

crayola

Reaction score
Is there any way you can file a complaint/grievance with either the post system or customs office? I'd at least try to find out what happened to your package if not try to get reimbursed. I don't know the law in canada but i'm pretty sure in the US it's a fedral offense to open mail unless there is a specific reason for suspicion.

The Gardener

Reaction score
Topper,

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I can't imagine that a Canadian customs officer would just rip into a package and send it on its way to you with no explanation or accompanying note. I've done a lot of business with, and been to Canada many many times and customs officials I have come in contact with have always shown the utmost professionalism. Thus, I suspect that someone else on the transit route intercepted it.

Perhaps try again? If two tries prove ineffective, then you know there is a systematic problem involved. Best of luck.

Gardener