Just Got My Dht Test Results... Is The Level High Enough To Start Finasteride?

ghenny

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I just got my DHT test result, I wanted to know about the DHT levels before I start any new treatment. I´m currently only in Minoxidil 5% and Nizoral 2%.

Results:
DHT = 650 pg/mL Reference Value = 250-990

F-TESTO = 18.9 pg/mL Reference Value = 4.2-30.4

My question is, should I start Finasteride at first or maybe try a mild anti-androgen (azelaic acid, pumpkin seed oil, nettle tea) and check the levels after 3 months again?

Feelsbadman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
sorry i can't answer but how do they test DHT

Do you literally go to the doctor and ask to be tested for DHT? Or is there a scientific name behind it e.g. i need a X test

ghenny

My Regimen
Reaction score
sorry i can't answer but how do they test DHT

Do you literally go to the doctor and ask to be tested for DHT? Or is there a scientific name behind it e.g. i need a X test

I literally asked the doctor (endocrinologist) for a DHT test. I told him about the connection between DHT and hair loss also

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think it is high enough, and finasteride will probably drop the level down to 350 or so. That's about what my level is and I am also on finasteride.

Last edited:

ghenny

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it is high enough, and finasteride will probably drop the level down to 350 or so. That's about what my level is and I am also on finasteride.

How long have you been on Finasteride, any side effects so far and did you get any regrowth?

colony

Reaction score
I am on finastaride for 13 months and my dht level is 157 pg/mL. I don't know my dht level before finasteride but I think it was 600-700 pg/mL. I don't know if it works or not, I still shed nearly the same.

ghenny

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am on finastaride for 13 months and my dht level is 157 pg/mL. I don't know my dht level before finasteride but I think it was 600-700 pg/mL. I don't know if it works or not, I still shed nearly the same.

13 months and still shedding? How long does it take finasteride to see some results?

ahmed wolf

Experienced Member
Reaction score
dht levels don't have anything to do with side effects
me i got higher than range dht and test still got sides after 3 pills

Credo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's funny because that's my DHT level AFTER 16 months on Propecia. :(