Just got my Bowflex Ultimate 2

talbin

Reaction score
I decided to go crazy and spend $2500 on the Ultimate 2. First off I have to say that this thing is HUGE. It easily weighs over two hundred pounds and takes up an entire bedroom. It’s pretty much all extremely sturdy metal and took about 2 1/2 hours to put together with the help of a friend.

I've gotten a lot of sh*t from my friends about it saying it will suck and I am an idiot and such but I have zero time to go to the gym and have to have something to use at home. I have to say that I am really impressed with it too. I've been using free weights for about 7 years now and while the Bowflex definitely doesn't replace them it is as close as you can get in my opinion.

My friend and I did about an hour cross training session using all the different attachments and such. We did squats, lat pull down, bicep curls, shoulder press etc... All the major stuff. The workout was definitely tiring and you do feel all that resistance. I was even shaking and stuff like the dudes on the commercial and I was surprised. I am soar as hell today too. I haven't lifted in about 2 months so that's why but it definitely means the Bowflex is doing its job.

I don't know if I would really recommend the Bowflex though just because it is so big and so damn expensive. The only reason I bought it is cuz I have gotten a new job and am making a lot of money and figured Id waste some and I bought a new house and had a whole room to dedicate to it. So if you are an avid fitness person and will use it every day and have lots of room and money by all means buy it you will be happy. If you workout like 2x a week or something don't waste your money just get some dumbbells or something.

not me!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bowflex is kind of cool, but I find the shaking very odd and uncomfortable. Some may like it, but I stick with free weights. But hey, good for you man. The monetary investment should ensure that you will stick with a workout regimen. Good luck, bro!