Just Got A Haircut ( Rant ) -7 Words.

Baldingat188

Reaction score
So I always hate getting hair cuts , they are always pure mental torture. i have a reasonable amount of diffusion espically in my crown area and hairline which really sucks. Anyways , while my wet diffusing hair was being cut under bright light I noticed an older lady prephaps in her 50s - staring at my crown. She couldn't tell I could see her because I could only see her looking in the
Mirror. Idk what her problem was. Not even kidding , she would stare , look away and then look again. I wanted to yell "what the f*** are you doing!" It was hell , honestly.

I've been losing it latley , and to make things worse my crown is looking worse then ever before. Even when dry I have a pretty noticeable thin spot on the back of my head even though from the front I look like a full head. This is hell ...

blackg

Reaction score
So I always hate getting hair cuts , they are always pure mental torture. i have a reasonable amount of diffusion espically in my crown area and hairline which really sucks. Anyways , while my wet diffusing hair was being cut under bright light I noticed an older lady prephaps in her 50s - staring at my crown. She couldn't tell I could see her because I could only see her looking in the
Mirror. Idk what her problem was. Not even kidding , she would stare , look away and then look again. I wanted to yell "what the f*** are you doing!" It was hell , honestly.

I've been losing it latley , and to make things worse my crown is looking worse then ever before. Even when dry I have a pretty noticeable thin spot on the back of my head even though from the front I look like a full head. This is hell ...
Getting your hair cut in a public place is a f*****g major challenge.
It's like the whole back of your head is on display for any damn stranger to run their eyes over.

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Add the fact that whoever is cutting your hair always start some random conversation that you don't give a sh*t about, being paralyzed and muted by your ravaged wet scalp under bright lights.
All i can think of is "Shut The f*****g f*** up and finish this quickly so i can get the hell out of here"
And next to you there's this fullhead Chad who is smiling at his own reflection like some kind of degenerate

PappinAce

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

i know how you feel! i have to go like once a month to buzz the sides and back, and keep the top short. it’s the shitty style i’m trapped in to keep my rat’s nest presentable. then she shows me the back of my head with the mirror so we can all see the gaping crown.

like you, i look halfway decent from the front. if someone looks at the top of my head it’s all over though.

have you been successful with maintenance the past few months?

Baldingat188

Reaction score
i know how you feel! i have to go like once a month to buzz the sides and back, and keep the top short. it’s the shitty style i’m trapped in to keep my rat’s nest presentable. then she shows me the back of my head with the mirror so we can all see the gaping crown.

like you, i look halfway decent from the front. if someone looks at the top of my head it’s all over though.

have you been successful with maintenance the past few months?

You sound just the same as me. I don't even like the hair style I have , I just wear it to make my hair look thicker.

It's hard to say , I'm coming up on a year of finasteride. My hair has mostly stayed the same but possibly a little bit thinner. How about you?

PappinAce

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You sound just the same as me. I don't even like the hair style I have , I just wear it to make my hair look thicker.

It's hard to say , I'm coming up on a year of finasteride. My hair has mostly stayed the same but possibly a little bit thinner. How about you?

that’s a good sign if you’ve mostly maintained! finasteride often takes a year, even two, to fully kick in.

no change for me since summer 2015. that’s the point where my hair became “see-through” but at least it stabilized there thankfully.

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score

I think we all know this feeling. I pick quiet isolated places for cuts.
Cant stand barber shops with its open concept and 4 guys sitting in line watching you get cut

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
you guys have mastered how to order chemicals from China via bank transfer and formulate them to proper solution, with other illegal ingredients, yet can't cut your own hair. :p

UncleMort

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

You gotta find a lonestar lady who runs her own shop.

Somebody a bit older, and by appointment, not with ten guys sitting in the waiting room

Saurabhaj

Reaction score
You gotta find a lonestar lady who runs her own shop.

Somebody a bit older, and by appointment, not with ten guys sitting in the waiting room

I skipped visiting hair saloon if young guys are present in the shop.
I never visit large saloon where more than 3 or 4 guys can do their hair cut.
I had to visit shop to trim my remaining hairs every month because I was told to keep hairs at short length only.
Even going to saloon requires great planning.