Just Got A Buzzcut, Is It Normal To See This Much Scalp?

foxloss

Reaction score
The picture where it doesn't look so bad is under not bright lighting, the other two are under the brightest lights in my house. Just unsure if this is normal for a pretty short buzzcut, or if this is something else. It looks pretty bad in some of these pics but I can see the scalp over all my head pretty much :/
It's also not just from these angles or these areas directly, as you change angles you see other parts of the scalp and those areas disappear, it's only the areas I focus on under lighting.
It's scary though.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Too much light and a buzz cut can actually make anyone look like they are thinning. If I were you I would ask myself, before drawing any conclusions:
- before the buzz cut, was it harder to comb hair?
- any itches on the scalp?
- what is the parent - grandparent situation in terms of hair loss?

foxloss

Reaction score
No my hair has always been relatively easy to brush through besides the few times there are tangles or whatnot.

Occasionally I used to have bad dandruff, dandruff is gone but still sometimes scratch at my head when it's itchy but it's nothing insane. I have used Nizoral before and that did help a while back when it felt like I was flaking and getting dandruff again. But in general there is not an itch that is always present. Gets itches just like any other part of my body really.

Mom's dad is bald, although we don't keep in touch with him for years so I'm not sure the exact state but it seemed to be a bad receding hairline and maybe the patch on the back but not sure cause I don't have many pics of him. Her brothers are also bald/balding.
My dad and his father have thick heads of hair, but his brothers are bald/balding. He is the middle child too. Hoping somehow I got him and his father gene lol

KO21

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow the difference in the crown shots is crazy. I'd still say male pattern baldness from the first crown picture though

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
I suggest you take the same pictures with the same lighting in 4 months. And same length of course. Then compare.
If it seems worse maybe you could consider a course of action. Presently it is hard to tell.

foxloss

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Yeah I'll just keep an eye on it. I've been checking on my crown for a while now back with long and even short hair for about 5 months almost, and my crown hasn't changed in five months it's still the same. But I will keep an eye on it. Thanks c:

Allesandra

My Regimen
Reaction score
No my hair has always been relatively easy to brush through besides the few times there are tangles or whatnot.

Occasionally I used to have bad dandruff, dandruff is gone but still sometimes scratch at my head when it's itchy but it's nothing insane. I have used Nizoral before and that did help a while back when it felt like I was flaking and getting dandruff again. But in general there is not an itch that is always present. Gets itches just like any other part of my body really.

Mom's dad is bald, although we don't keep in touch with him for years so I'm not sure the exact state but it seemed to be a bad receding hairline and maybe the patch on the back but not sure cause I don't have many pics of him. Her brothers are also bald/balding.
My dad and his father have thick heads of hair, but his brothers are bald/balding. He is the middle child too. Hoping somehow I got him and his father gene lol
My two cents. Yes that is a normal amount of thinning. Most buzz cut at men even 30 years old at that age have more fitting than that