Just Did My First Prp At Home (diy General?)

SuperDPAsteve

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Creating this thread as a placeholder until I can organize my pictures and do a step-by-step. Tonight I did 2mm microneedling and massaged 1.5mL of PRP into my scalp. Tryna work up the nutsack to inject myself. Initial thoughts:

1.) ew
2.) it smells like dirty feet?
3.) I need to figure out how to thicken it up cause that sh*t was dripping off my head onto my face and chest
4.) why would anyone pay $800 to do this at a derm? I now have an unlimited source of PRP for like $5/month

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Creating this thread as a placeholder until I can organize my pictures and do a step-by-step. Tonight I did 2mm microneedling and massaged 1.5mL of PRP into my scalp. Tryna work up the nutsack to inject myself. Initial thoughts:

1.) ew
3.) I need to figure out how to thicken it up cause that sh*t was dripping off my head onto my face and chest
4.) why would anyone pay $800 to do this at a derm? I now have an unlimited source of PRP for like $5/month
Cool man.

So obviously you’re drawing your own blood and centrifuging it. You just own a centrifuge? How many ml of blood are you drawing up? You’re using anticoagulant vials? How long are you spinning it for, and at what RPM? Sorry for all the questions, I’m just intrigued.

Maverick91

My Regimen
Reaction score

1.) ew
Hi mate,

Have always been looking for posts on self prp but couldn't find much around the net.

Congrats on doing the treatment yourself. Can you share a list of all the tools you need to do this?

I have a centrifuge, anticoagulant tubes (purple tops) and butterfly needles.. What else do I need?

SuperDPAsteve

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Cool man.

So obviously you’re drawing your own blood and centrifuging it. You just own a centrifuge? How many ml of blood are you drawing up? You’re using anticoagulant vials? How long are you spinning it for, and at what RPM? Sorry for all the questions, I’m just intrigued.
Yeah, I got a centrifuge off of amazon for like $80. 3mL tubes of blood, I started with just one. The anticoagulant tubes I got don’t have an aperature for a collection needle so I got some regular empty vials and just pour the anticoagulant into those. 15 minutes at 4k rpm for the first spin, 25 at 4k for the second. I also put a step by step how to on my Snapchat story but it’s deleted by now loool

Hi mate,

Have always been looking for posts on self prp but couldn't find much around the net.

Congrats on doing the treatment yourself. Can you share a list of all the tools you need to do this?

I have a centrifuge, anticoagulant tubes (purple tops) and butterfly needles.. What else do I need?
Sure dude

-Blood draw kit. What I used:
- BD butterfly needles with push button
- BD blood transfer device, NO leur lock
- any standard blood collection tube (I use about four per tube of PRP)
-ACD Solution A anticoagulant
-rubber tourniquets
-alcohol wipes
-bandaids
-sterile gloves
-pipettes
-micro scale for making counterweights
if injecting in skin as opposed to micro needling, 31g insulin syringes

I got sterile centrifuge tubes but didn’t end up needing them ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Norwood Recovery

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I got a centrifuge off of amazon for like $80. 3mL tubes of blood, I started with just one. The anticoagulant tubes I got don’t have an aperature for a collection needle so I got some regular empty vials and just pour the anticoagulant into those. 15 minutes at 4k rpm for the first spin, 25 at 4k for the second. I also put a step by step how to on my Snapchat story but it’s deleted by now loool

Sure dude

-Blood draw kit. What I used:
- BD butterfly needles with push button
- BD blood transfer device, NO leur lock
- any standard blood collection tube (I use about four per tube of PRP)
-ACD Solution A anticoagulant
-rubber tourniquets
-alcohol wipes
-bandaids
-sterile gloves
-pipettes
-micro scale for making counterweights
if injecting in skin as opposed to micro needling, 31g insulin syringes

I got sterile centrifuge tubes but didn’t end up needing them ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
SUNCOO Lab Benchtop Centrifuge Machine 20MLx 12 Tubes Low Speed 4000rpm 40W 110V/60HZ Medical Desktop Laboratory Practice https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0792TYNSJ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_jMBACbGNX985W

Is this the centrifuge you got? I’m interested in adding this to my regimen but I wasn’t about to pay a grand for one session. How often could you use this at home? Everyday? Cold storage for a big blood draw session? So many questions lol

SuperDPAsteve

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
SUNCOO Lab Benchtop Centrifuge Machine 20MLx 12 Tubes Low Speed 4000rpm 40W 110V/60HZ Medical Desktop Laboratory Practice https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0792TYNSJ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_jMBACbGNX985W

Is this the centrifuge you got? I’m interested in adding this to my regimen but I wasn’t about to pay a grand for one session. How often could you use this at home? Everyday? Cold storage for a big blood draw session? So many questions lol
Not quite the same one but close enough. 3500rpm is the minimum for separation in my experience. If you’re not gonna use t right away you gotta store it in the fridge with anticoagulant. I guess you could do it as frequently as your body produces blood. Next month im gonna draw a full 6 tubes cause that’s the most my centrifuge can do at once

Norwood Recovery

My Regimen
Reaction score
So what exactly is the science behind PRP for hair loss treatment? I’ve been googling it but I’ve yet to find a credible scientific explanation of the mode of action for it.

SuperDPAsteve

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So what exactly is the science behind PRP for hair loss treatment? I’ve been googling it but I’ve yet to find a credible scientific explanation of the mode of action for it.
It’s kind of a new thing but from what I gather a lot of the growth factors found in PRP are good for the wntb-catenin pathway and might stimulate PGE2 production as well as fill the role of a vasilodator through direct blood transfusion

Netanel

My Regimen
Reaction score
It will be awesome if you will make a video that explains everything and show step by step how to make a prp home made.

SuperDPAsteve

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It will be awesome if you will make a video that explains everything and show step by step how to make a prp home made.
As a former law student I’m gonna have to refrain for liability purposes LOL. I’ll do a picture-by-picture walkthrough of what I did with a disclaimer next Monday when I do it again lmao