Just curious about this.

Gus11445

Reaction score
Im on finax right now. If i was to add minoxidil and got a good amount of hair regrowth over time but then stop using minoxidil but stayed on finasteride. would i lose the hair regrowth even if im on finasteride? Or would finasteride maybe maintain it?

Im just curious cuz i know that minoxidil would help me a lot but i really hate putting it on. It makes my hair extremely gross and i cant style my hair if i use it. I am just starting to use it on my temples where i only have a ton of fuzzy vellus hairs. My fear is that the vellus hairs will turn into regular hairs like i want them to but then i wont want to apply the minoxidil. there anymore bc i dont like it in my hair.. i know im hard to please but i cant seem to find an answer to this anywhere.

One last thing. I dont think i had this many fuzzy hairs on my temples before taking finasteride. Today i was lookin at it and i was really shocked to see them there. I have only been on finasteride a month or so. I actually took a razor and shaved my temples where there used to be no noticeable hair before.. and when i looked on the razor after it was full of fuzzy hair. Im going to see if they grow back any thicker or something idk. Does finasteride make vellus hairs thicker? Even on the temples?

I took some pictures and ill be taking more in the future. Ill post them later on after i have been on this stuff for a lil while.