Just checking...

mane_man

Reaction score
Hello all, this is my first post here. I am 41 and have been using propecia for 6 years with great results. I don't use anything else, as there has been no need. I started using propecia when I noticed my hair thinning at the front of my scalp. Since then the hair has regrown, as I say, with great success.

Recently my hands and arms broke out with some of eczema. My scalp was not affected at all by this condition. My doctor said it was some sort of inflammation and gave me a 6 week course of antibotics to treat it, as well as some cream.

While it calmed the eczema down, to my horror I noticed my hair thinning at the front of my scalp, from the hairline back! My doctor thinks this hairloss is "temporary", and is some sort of side effect of the antibotics.

I've been reading about shedding here, but notice that usually only affects people who are relatively new to hairloss treatments, and is often temporary (hopefully anyway).

While I have every faith in my doctor, I was wondering if anyone else has had, or heard of, a similiar situation. I'm really just looking for some reassurance more than anything, gievn I have spent a lot in restoring and maintaining my hair, and don't want to lose it!

Thanks for reading!