just buzzed my head to a #3 for the first time

dw99

Reaction score
oh my god, that sh*t was intense! definitely a bad decision as far as how i look, and now i know that i DEFINITELY DON'T have the head for hair this short. however, i do feel liberated and i look a hell of a lot less bald. i'm fairly positive that at this point, no one would even be able to tell that i'm losing it (which is great). if anything, this experience has taught me a lesson about balding and what it is about it that bothers me most.

the fact that balding makes me look worse is NOT the cause of all my depression over this thing. sh*t, i look like a total goofball right now and i don't really give a crap. the bottom line is that for me it's NOT the effects of balding, but balding itself. for me (and many others) balding signifies the loss of youth and the start of our body's slow decline. at 23, this was (and is) horribly depressing.

anyhow, not sure if that makes sense, but i know i've learned something today, in addition to the fact that i have bigger balls than i though for actually going through with this thing :D one thing i know and will never have to wonder again is how i look with a very short (almost shaved) haircut, despite the fact that i'll probably never get it cut this short again.

in the end, i think every guy on here that's ever thought about shaving his head should go ahead and DO IT! what the hell do you have to lose besides looking a little bit awkward for a few days? the rush and the liberation will surely surpass this anyway.

Dpunkz

Established Member
Reaction score
I f*****g agree 100% with this guy...I shaved my head and will be keeping it that way...its real tight, however i lucked out bcuz i actully do look pretty good with a shaved head, even if i do have a receeding hair line on my right temple, and a perfect left temple lol

Stingray

Reaction score
Feels great doesn't it? I give myself the chop every sunday with a pair of clippers without the guard. If I'm gonna be bald, I'm gonna be bald EVERYWHERE. Helps you to not worry about it either. If you know you're gonna look ok without hair, then losing your hair doesn't feel quite as bad.

Beano

Reaction score
Just back from holidays, 45 deg heat, talked about shaving my head and wussed out the first week, 2nd week my girlfriend said to me, listen, your losing your hair, why not shave it, see how it looks, anyway, your on holiday and will at least go home lokoing different, got a 0 all over, its the bomb!!! Would recommend it to everyone, and i am a norwood 4.5ish.
GO FOR IT!!!!!!!
Anyway, it going to be easier to apply minoxidil to the scalp if there is no hair there.

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
dw99 said:
oh my god, that sh*t was intense! definitely a bad decision as far as how i look, and now i know that i DEFINITELY DON'T have the head for hair this short. however, i do feel liberated and i look a hell of a lot less bald. i'm fairly positive that at this point, no one would even be able to tell that i'm losing it (which is great). if anything, this experience has taught me a lesson about balding and what it is about it that bothers me most.

the fact that balding makes me look worse is NOT the cause of all my depression over this thing. sh*t, i look like a total goofball right now and i don't really give a crap. the bottom line is that for me it's NOT the effects of balding, but balding itself. for me (and many others) balding signifies the loss of youth and the start of our body's slow decline. at 23, this was (and is) horribly depressing.

anyhow, not sure if that makes sense, but i know i've learned something today, in addition to the fact that i have bigger balls than i though for actually going through with this thing :D one thing i know and will never have to wonder again is how i look with a very short (almost shaved) haircut, despite the fact that i'll probably never get it cut this short again.

in the end, i think every guy on here that's ever thought about shaving his head should go ahead and DO IT! what the hell do you have to lose besides looking a little bit awkward for a few days? the rush and the liberation will surely surpass this anyway.
Balding signifies loss of youth? I find that hard to believe. Look at Sean Connery.........he started balding at a very young age as well and he is alive and still goin. Actually he looks healthier than most people his age. Or do you mean that baldness makes one look older than what they really are? I do agree there, it does make one look more mature. :)

WithTheLidOff

Established Member
Reaction score
balding at 20 definately signfies the loss of youth. Nothign was more crippling than being told I look like my 55 year old dad. And as far as looking like a goofball is concerned..it probably looks weird because its different and such a shock in appearance. Think about when a long haired girl gets a short haircut. In a matter of time you probably wont even think about it because that'll be the new you and you'll be used to it. Being bald doesnt suck...its the balding that gets you there that does.

Goingat20

Reaction score
I wish i could go for the buzz. But i got a problem, pointy ears! :evil:
But im thinking of going for it anyway

X190

Established Member
Reaction score
Glad you had the courage to do it. You should get used to your hair being that low, it's more comfortable and eases treatment application. Good luck.

XL

JayB

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hey man
I shaved my hair on a 3 two weeks ago...I love it...couldnt believe after all this disaster my hairline is still nice....
Im gonna keep it this length the remainder of the summer i love it, and it looks great on me

Wezz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Goingat20 said:
I wish i could go for the buzz. But i got a problem, pointy ears! :evil:
But im thinking of going for it anyway

plus that , i dont have round head . shaved head looks sh*t on my head too because i dont have oval head

GSXR

Reaction score
not only does it look better than having thin hair, your topicals go on so much better.