Just bought Propecia... Is this good price?

Reaction score
I just got the prescription from my Doctor and bought it at costco.

For 30 tablets, I paid $50. Is this a fair deal? I live in N. Cali but are there any other cheaper pharmacy?

Thanks in advance!!

HairFarmer

Established Member
Reaction score
Seems about the average for normal prescriptions..

The only cheaper solution is generics..but they come with the risk of being genuine.

hÆ’

be001g

Reaction score
Well, first and foremost, why bother taking 1mg finestride Propecia? That is just plain dumb. Have your doctor write you a prescription for "Proscar" (5mg finesteride). Then get a pill cutter at a pharmacy for like and cut the pills up into quarters. You'll get four 1.25 tablets and taken once per day will be fine. My doctor told me this is perfectly ok thing to do.

Also, my health insurance pays for the Proscar prescription, so I only need to pay the co-pay, not the actual price. No plan that I am aware of covers Propecia. This is actually pretty dumb, because if I did not take the finestride, I'd be costing my HMO big bucks in anti-depressant medication.

By the way, you can get 30 Proscar tablets for about $80 at a pharmacy. This is a 4 month supply. So think about That's about 70% off the price right there. There's not reason to to take a chance with generics from India, when you can get the real thing for 67 cents a day.

See if your health insurance will pay for the Proscar and you can even get away with paying the co-pay. You need to kind of play along and pretend it's for prostate enlargement.

The Traveler

Reaction score
Not too bad.

I've been paying $58 for a 30 day supply of Propecia at the Wal-Mart pharmacy. I am getting ripped off?

recker

Reaction score
I have been doing the same but i dont want to buy a generic and be taking a fake pill.

lamden

Reaction score
PROCEDE

There's another option called Procede. It works really well, and here's the best part: I only have to apply it every 90 days. And I don't have to go to the Walmart Pharmacy to get it. It's over the counter.

The Rock

Established Member
Reaction score
and does this procede actually work.....or are u just being to optimistic

meintally

Reaction score
Re: PROCEDE

lamden said:
There's another option called Procede. It works really well, and here's the best part: I only have to apply it every 90 days. And I don't have to go to the Walmart Pharmacy to get it. It's over the counter.

He created his account roughly the same time this "treatment" went to market. Notice he gave you a sales pitch, not a description of what, where, when or most importantly how.

Balding

Reaction score
I pay $145.67 for the ProPak at Costco. Comes to $48.55 a month, this is the cheapest I have found it.

trader52

Reaction score
my health insurance actually picks up some of the cost of propecia. I pay $29.84 for a 30 pill bottle.

drinkrum

Reaction score
Guys,

It's been said for the umpteenth time. Instead of Propecia, which is finasteride at the 1 mg level, buy Proscar, which is a 5 mg pill of the same substance. Chop up Proscar to make a 5-day ration. You can buy Proscar for really cheap (http://www.111drugstore.com) or talk to your doctor and he should prescribe it to you over Propecia. And 99.9% of insurance companies cover Proscar completely.

D.

Hotlegs

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: PROCEDE

lamden said:

Procede is linked with heart disorders, melonoma (skin cancers) and eventual destruction of the scalp.