Just beginning to notice some thinning - what to use?

jambri

Established Member
Reaction score
I am 29 years old, I am just beginning to notice a little mild thinning on the top. Provided that the Doctor says it's nothing to do with thyroid problems, etc - what would be the best treatment for early stage thinning?

I am guessing one of these two:

Propecia
Nizoral

jeffsss

Reaction score
jambri said:
I am 29 years old, I am just beginning to notice a little mild thinning on the top. Provided that the Doctor says it's nothing to do with thyroid problems, etc - what would be the best treatment for early stage thinning?

I am guessing one of these two:

Propecia
Nizoral

you guessed right.

jambri

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't want to use the heavy artillery first necessarily. I have heard Nizoral should increase hair caliper by an average of 8% over 6 months, so I am wondering if this would be a suitable initial treatment, rather than jumping straight on to Propecia?

Or, would you recommend Propecia for very early stage thinning?

freudling

Reaction score
Typically, if you have noticed you are losing your hair, the only approach is a knee jerk reaction. Once you lose it, it is hard to get back. male pattern baldness is aggressive and complicated. Your technique should be to stop it immediately, because it is progressive. I do not advocate propecia. Take the topical alternative. Spironolactone 5%, Minoxidil 5%, Nizoral, Copper Peptides, some green tea and L-Arginine.