Just an opinion about my hairline, updated high res + Old

thylax

Experienced Member
Reaction score

I dont think he looks bald. I think also that its better than NW2 as you say. AFTER HOW MUCH TIME DID PROPECIA START TO HAVE RESULTS FOR YOU?

DarklyCharming

Established Member
Reaction score
Objectively, you have to look at the outlook of the people who comment. Everyone here has a history of messages and posts. Some of us are positive and seasoned, know what looks good and doesn't. Some of us are just starting the battle, depressed and see everything as doomed. I guess what I'm saying is that everyone's opinion on here has to be taken with a grain of salt. We all have different experiences and lives that shade our perspectives. Best to look to the ones that affect you positively, be that constructive criticism or outright support.

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yeah, i guess i'm in denial about trax's hair. i don't think i could live with the fact that trax is badly balding, so i'm blocking out that horrible thought, and replacing it with this pretty lie that keep me going each day.

i have absolutely no reason to be anything but honest to someone i don't even know. i think that's the beauty, and the point, of this site. to eliminate the "bias" that your friends and family will give you because they don't want to see your feelings hurt. so, 80sRevival, you stated your opinion, that's great! but please don't question the integrity of my opinion just because it happens to differ from yours.

Trax, if i recall some of your older pics, it seems like you have improved a lot.

Thinning Sucks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: I need just an opinion about my hairline

traxdata said:
Ok after over 10 months on finasteride here is a pick of my hairline. I just want an honest opinion on what you think even though I have not really taken many pictures at the start of my regime, but I can tell you it's better than when I started.

So look at it as if you were walking down the road and saw me. What would you think of my hair. I have no loss other than temples.

picture0810xq.th.jpg

Dude to the average guy (not expert on this forum) or chick....no balding noticeable. A chick would laugh if you asked her....she would probably say no way and who cares.

Axon

Reaction score
Re: I need just an opinion about my hairline

traxdata said:
Ok after over 10 months on finasteride here is a pick of my hairline. I just want an honest opinion on what you think even though I have not really taken many pictures at the start of my regime, but I can tell you it's better than when I started.

So look at it as if you were walking down the road and saw me. What would you think of my hair. I have no loss other than temples.

picture0810xq.th.jpg

Normal not crazy guy would say no hairloss.

I'd say some minimal thinning in the middle of the hairline. Overall no real problems.

Don't be a dick under the guise of giving your opinion, please.

ropcat

Established Member
Reaction score
You know, this all reminds me of how differently I started looking at other guys' hair once I noticed the first signs of my own male pattern baldness. I never, I mean never, scrutinized the heads of guys in public before then. I only noticed another guy was "balding" if he was, well, BALD -- or pretty damn close.

Once I noticed my own male pattern baldness starting, I began staring at the head of every guy I saw -- on the sidewalk, in a mall, on a bus, etc. (I was so obsessive that I probably made a few guys -- erroneously -- think I was checking them out!) And soon I'd somehow trained myself to see every single little sign of recession or thinning. If it wasn't an adolescent hairline, I thought, "Aha, there's another one losing his hair."

We all need to try to remember the first way of looking at things. Yes, we can see that Trax doesn't quite have the hairline of an adolescent boy. But would anyone else say he's losing his hair? (I mean people who don't obsess about male pattern baldness because they're not facing it.) I don't think so. That's the lens through which I try to evaluate my own hair -- keeps my spirits a bit higher, and it's probably a bit more realistic, too.

Good luck with treatments Trax. Glad things are improving.

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
80sRevival said:
Hi Traxdata,
I'll be honest with you. If I saw you on the street I would say to myself that it's only a matter of time. I think its the way you style your hair. You comb it up and back and to the sides to cover your temples. You have recession at the tip of your hairline as well. We would need to see before and after pictures. But I encourage you on your regimine. But I for one would say you're going bald. I can see it just by looking at the sprase eratic hairline at the front.

This is also coming from someone who is cocerned with their own hairloss as well. I find myself always looking at other guys hairlines to see if they are balding too. 65% of the public won't notice. The other 35% are losing their hair also

Reaction score
80sRevival said:
Hi Traxdata,
I'll be honest with you. If I saw you on the street I would say to myself that it's only a matter of time. I think its the way you style your hair. You comb it up and back and to the sides to cover your temples. You have recession at the tip of your hairline as well. We would need to see before and after pictures. But I encourage you on your regimine. But I for one would say you're going bald. I can see it just by looking at the sprase eratic hairline at the front.

WOW.... who pissed in your Rogaine?

G

stevieb said:
i would love to have your hairline right now...lookin good...keep it up!!! by the way, whats your regime?

Him Just finasteride and nizoral. That's it. Nothing else.

I wish I could fish out those old pics I had. I lost them.

G

Trent said:
i believe trax is in his thirties. so, you for your age, you look aces man. and the important issue here, as with everyone's hair, its not how great other people think it looks, its how great YOU think it looks. if you are content with where you are at, and can just live your life without feeling ill-confident, then you have completely succeeded. sure we might look at him and say he has some recession, etc. but we are hair loss/ hairline obsessors; to the normal human beings out there, i'm sure the thought that you have lost a little hair doesn't even cross their minds. keep rocking that regimen.

I'm 36. So in better shape than some of the younger guys on here..... But we are all in the same boat.

wastingpenguins

Established Member
Reaction score
traxdata said:
Right that f*****g does it. I'm killing myself.

Ha. I'm going to assume that was a joke.

Anyway-- any of US can clearly see that you are losing your hair, to some extent.

Any normal person on the street wouldn't give it a second though, however, and that's what matters.

I suppse you are somewhat in the same boat as me-- I'm fine with how my hair is right now. It's where I know my hair is going that bothers me.

G

You're 36?? Has it occurred to you that you might not even have male pattern baldness? I don't see any signs of male pattern baldness. Lots of guys have their hairlines back up a bit (which I don't see at all in you) in their mid-twenties through forties. There's only one word for you: lucky. I guess if you were worse before, then keep it up. But I wouldn't ever think you were balding, and balding guys are the best judge.

21gone

Established Member
Reaction score
I remember his pictures he had up and there is def a cosmetic improval at least in my opinion.

too bald too furious

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Looking good Trax.

I would love to have a hairline like that. :)

I am pretty sure chicks love your hair...baby soft hair and a clean mature hairline. :wink:

arjun17

Reaction score
ur hairline seems OK in terms of temples (no visible recessions)
I think that all u need at this point is to thicken up the middle front portion a bit. Otherwise, you're fine. So just keep at your regimen.
Best of luck,
arjun17

Getting there

Reaction score
It looks normal Trax. Good job, keep up the regime!

I agree that many of us who have undertaken regimes of some kind and made improvements are currently in that stage where others might be thinking "it's just a matter of time". It's been 10 months since I started and I have made big improvements, but still have areas that I know people notice and think to themselves "he's loosing his hair". Yet I know that's no longer the case.

Fact is, let them think what they like.

gonna_win

Experienced Member
Reaction score
traxdata your hair looks good man, your lucky. The only I would say your better than a NW2.

G

Re: hey you need to go on propecia

pacermg said:
hi,,
just by looking at your pic,, your probably in the very intial stge of fronal receding hairline..i would get on propecia right away..if you want to have hair in a year,, then you have to take action.... you cant be in self denial.. im 26, and i waited about a year after i should have..and now my temples are bad,, do i had to invest in a hairtransplant...take action now.. go see a dermatologist and get on propecia...

Erm... I guess you are adressing me. I have been on finasteride for 10.5 months

G

gonna_win said:
traxdata your hair looks good man, your lucky. The only I would say your better than a NW2.

Thanks main, I know it's not perfect but if I had not taken finasteride all those months ago I would now have lost my complete hairline. The way my hair is now is probably the most I could have expected. It's important to be realistic about these things.

Some of the comments from other posters about 'It's only a matter of time' make me laugh. When I started finasteride I was in far wrose shape then than I am now. And yes, I consider myself lucky that I have been able to at least maintain what I have.

I do have loss at the temples but who cares. I can still pull of a good head of hair. And from some of the comments from other posters it looks like finasteride has done it's job. That for me is a big sucess in my eyes.

Thanks agan to all of you for your opinions good or bad.