Just an Idea

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Probably not, without a penetrating agent such as alcohol it probably won't even get through the skin.

Anyway if you wanted a topical 5AR inhibitor why not use topical finasteride?

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Revivogen or Crinagen both contain saw palmetto and an absorption vehicle..... along with about 9 million other ingredients shown in studies to be effective "DHT inhibitors" when applied topically.

Bryan recently stated that data on topical finasteride is "all over the place" as far as whether it works or not. This is in stark comparison to the data on the fatty acids in Revivogen, which is solid.

However, Dr. Lee adimantly believes that topical finasteride is "just as effective as oral finasteride". Opinions are like ..... :D ... everybody's got one ...

HairLossTalk.com

Jacob

Reaction score
9 million other ingredients??? Are there even more than 2?

I thought I saw some debate over at HLH on FFA's...that the %'s need to be just right etc. Too much isn't good....or something.

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bert said:
http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/product.asp?xs=D77B97887B934BB1998A65D2C433F768&PID=259&np=1&cpid=513 Just discovered this I wonder if it would be any good as a topical? Wonder if it would work? Any Ideas??
If it contains phospholipids it won't work topically.

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Jacob said:
9 million other ingredients??? Are there even more than 2?

I thought I saw some debate over at HLH on FFA's...that the %'s need to be just right etc. Too much isn't good....or something.
FFA's? What does that stand for?

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
HairlossTalk said:
Revivogen or Crinagen both contain saw palmetto and an absorption vehicle..... along with about 9 million other ingredients shown in studies to be effective "DHT inhibitors" when applied topically.

Bryan recently stated that data on topical finasteride is "all over the place" as far as whether it works or not. This is in stark comparison to the data on the fatty acids in Revivogen, which is solid.

However, Dr. Lee adimantly believes that topical finasteride is "just as effective as oral finasteride". Opinions are like ..... :D ... everybody's got one ...

HairLossTalk.com
Question : Is there any reason why topical finasteride would not work? Wasn't their a study on that and "supposedly" there were no systematic side effects? It was on hirtuism I think. I read the one about spironolactone already and hirtuism.