Just 4 months in, great results (pictures) - Propecia, Regaine and Nizoral.

wstef

Established Member
Reaction score
There's some in my first post.

I'll post an update sometime in the near future.

wstef

Established Member
Reaction score
7 months in and I have seen further improvement. I'm not sure if it's the minoxidil of the finasteride at this stage, but here are some pictures from earlier today.

My hair is longer now (because I am comfortable growing it since it covers most of the thin areas now anyway).

Again, I can't get the light to be perfect with this sh*tty phone camera but it's all I have to work with...

The back is looking a lot better, but there's still a while to go for the front, especially the left side which is still thinner (the right side seems to be thickening up quicker).

In the last picture the light is reflecting off the hair - it's not as thin as it looks here. Sorry about the crappy lighting, I'm using a BlackBerry phone... the flash just makes it too bright and you can't see anything so I took these pictures in front of a window so they're natural light.

I don't think the progress is as good as the initial 4 month progress, but my hair is thicker than it's been in years now.

What do you think?

Update on side effects:

- My orgasms have became weak again and the sensitivity in my penis isn't great; nowhere near what it usually is. Because this is a recurring side effect I have reduced Propecia to half a tablet (0.5mg finasteride) to see what happens.

- The dark circles are pretty much gone but when I am really tired they re-appear, but I guess that's normal for most people anyway. I did notice some slight bulging under the eyes in recent months but that's fading away, too.

Attachments

• IMG00763-20121026-1304.jpg
    IMG00763-20121026-1304.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 1,001
  • IMG00782-20121026-1312.jpg
    IMG00782-20121026-1312.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 1,021
  • IMG00787-20121026-1313.jpg
    IMG00787-20121026-1313.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 933
  • IMG00791-20121026-1313.jpg
    IMG00791-20121026-1313.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 935
  • IMG00772-20121026-1306.jpg
    IMG00772-20121026-1306.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 990

wstef

Established Member
Reaction score
I've came off Propecia for a while. I can't handle having a numb dick any more. I was really, really, really hoping it would fade but it never.

I will go back on it, in smaller doses, if the sides go.

wstef

Established Member
Reaction score
I started 0.25mg today. Lets see if it keeps up the good work but the sides don't come back! Fingers crossed.

wstef

Established Member
Reaction score
So, just an update:

- I went back on 1mg about 2 weeks after lowering the dose
- I suffered a massive shed (it was heartbreaking!)
- Then regrowth started. My hair is thicker, covers more of the scalp and courser to touch :D
- ...and the biggest bonus is that no side effects! I had a horrible issue with weak, pleasureless orgasms but that has completely gone. To solve this I simple stopped it for about 10 days then built myself back up from 0 to 0.25, to 5 then back to the full 1mg.

I have so much confidence back now, it's unbelievable. I'll try to get more pictures when I have time.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, I also removed zinc from the regime. I get enough in my diet and I take a multivitamin (I know it's not the best way to absorb zinc, but a little will get through).

The reports I have read (briefly) on zinc are too conflicting. I also recently seen a diagram with the effectiveness (well, proven effectiveness) of supplements and herbal remedies and zinc was close to the bottom.

kadir657

Reaction score
Good stuff men.. Did you have some shedding on rogaine ? i am using finpecia for 7 months now and kirkland minoxidil for 2 weeks.. I am thinning very quicky .. is this shedding or what.? Damn you can see through my whole scalp :( .. I would appreciate it if you answer this and what do you recommend me ??

wstef

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes that's probably shedding. People seem to shed quicker with minoxidil than finasteride.

An update from me:

- No sides! They've completely gone (and to my disadvantage because I, erm, play with myself way too much since they went!)
- My hair hasn't got any thicker over the last 2 months (nothing noticeable)
- I had a shed, about 60 hairs per day in the sink. This scared me, but I continued and it's reduced to around 10 - 20 hairs now.

I haven't got pictures yet but when I have time I will.

But, a new issue has occurred! Because my hair is clearly thicker and covers more of the scalp, if I let it grow long enough it looks shabby, but it's still too thin to style without my scalp showing (being honest, I have always had this issue, even when I was young, because my hair is naturally thin).

wstef

Established Member
Reaction score
Long delay, I know, here's an update with pictures.

- I have stopped with all the pointless supplements like zinc etc. They do nothing for me.
- I had a horrible 2 months. Shed, shed, shed. There was about 60 - 100 hairs in the sink when I put Regaine on in the morning.
- It stopped about a month ago and I have noticed my hair has thickened up a lot
- I don't think it's a huge improvement on camera, but it definitely is "in person".
- Interestingly I have seen far better results at the front of the scalp than the crown. The crown has thickened up a lot, though.

Anyway, here's some pictures (same dressing gown just for fun :p)

The front is pretty much covered, but some of the reflection from the flash makes it look like it isn't. I assure you that't just reflection and not scalp :p

Please ignore the white tissue on my head! I scraped my head on a wall (don't ask!) so I have been keeping it moist.

This is also unwashed hair with minoxidil applied about 14 hours ago. If I wash it and don't apply Regaine it's much less "clumped" (the only annoyance with Regaine is that is clumps my hair together like grease).

It's a new phone so the quality is a bit better and they're all with flash so the thinner parts are highlighted more.

Anyway, I am sure you'd agree it's a big improvement from baseline!

- - - Updated - - -

I can't seem to add this one because it's apparently too large!

mwuzjr.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

ALSO, I am 30 soon. I expected to be bald by 30 like most of my uncles and cousins (on my mum's side - I wish I inherited my dad's side, they all have thick locks of hair!). What a nice change to what I expected! Just a bit of gloating there.

I was going to give up when I had the massive shed. It was horrible seeing it. There's still a way to go and I hope it improves even more... from experience of reading such forums I have found that it can take even 2 years before proper results are seen.

Further to this, I have no side effects what-so-ever. The baggy eyes are gone and I have no problems with orgasms like I did before.

Attachments

• 20130625_213836.jpg
    20130625_213836.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 685
  • 20130625_213847.jpg
    20130625_213847.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 622
  • 20130625_213903.jpg
    20130625_213903.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 663