Jumping into water. Head first, legs first, butt first, doesn't matter?

Fanjeera

Reaction score
So it's summer again and you have to swim all the time. Everyone is doing jumps all the time, repeatedly in one swimming session, but I've avoided them completely and it's weird I think. I guess nothing would actually happen, if done modestly. Which style of jumping is the safest and puts least pressure on the the hair system, its edges, generates least lifting? Head first, legs first, butt first, doesn't matter? How do you jump into water?

jimlad

Established Member
Reaction score
Dude, you ask the f*****g dumbest questions.
Don't be an a**h**.
So it's summer again and you have to swim all the time. Everyone is doing jumps all the time, repeatedly in one swimming session, but I've avoided them completely and it's weird I think. I guess nothing would actually happen, if done modestly. Which style of jumping is the safest and puts least pressure on the the hair system, its edges, generates least lifting? Head first, legs first, butt first, doesn't matter? How do you jump into water?
Doesn't matter as long as your bond is secure. If I was being very specific, I'd say a head first dive is surely the safest, but I really think you'll be fine either way...

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
One tip: take a hat 'cos your hair might look a bit of a mess after.

I've gone in feet first off a 20ft pier into the ocean and it was amazing. To think , I was standing there watching my kids have all the fun and I was not going to jump in because I was worried about my hair.

And then I thought, what is the point of living like this, in fear: very likely I would only be at that pier, at that beach, only this one time in my life, and if I don't jump then I will never get to experience the thrill of doing this here. I didn't want my hair to be a reason for regret. So I jumped. And I jumped again and again. I filmed it in slow motion and I watch the video often because that experience screams out "freedom" to me. It was amazing.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
One tip: take a hat 'cos your hair might look a bit of a mess after.

I've gone in feet first off a 20ft pier into the ocean and it was amazing. To think , I was standing there watching my kids have all the fun and I was not going to jump in because I was worried about my hair.

And then I thought, what is the point of living like this, in fear: very likely I would only be at that pier, at that beach, only this one time in my life, and if I don't jump then I will never get to experience the thrill of doing this here. I didn't want my hair to be a reason for regret. So I jumped. And I jumped again and again. I filmed it in slow motion and I watch the video often because that experience screams out "freedom" to me. It was amazing.
After swimming it's a mess anyway, no? Doesn't matter, whether you jumped or not?

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Summer again. How do you do your jumps? Do you also do them from heights? From what height do you feel safe jumping into water? Some swimming places have jumping towers.

aqeel6600

My Regimen
Reaction score
I recently went to a waterpark while wearing my hair system, at first I took a swimming cap to protect my hair and enjoy things carefree, but then I noticed that no one is wearing it and I decided to not wear it.
To be frank, I got anxious everytime I play a game where it splashed water heavily on my hair and mainly because: 1- I was at my last day before re-attach day. 2- water is chlorinated and I was afraid of knots forming.
And thankfully, none of these happened.