Jss19's Story - ( The beginning )

jss19

Reaction score
I started to slowly lose my hair when I was about 21/22. My hair is thin to begin with, but I did notice my hairline start to recede just a tad and the crown started to look a bit more thin. I went on Procerin off and on and noticed I didn't shed as much on it, but I completely stopped all treatments when I turned 24, which is my current age.

I was fed up, so I finally went to the Doctor and was prescribed generic Propecia. On Feb 16, 2011, I started taking the 1.25 mg dose since I had to split the pill into 4.

I've noticed some shedding, which apparently is the norm. It's not too bad; I don't count the hairs. If I did that, I'm sure I'd lose my mind and would wanna quit treatment too early. Although I'm still shedding, I can see hairs growing back into my hairline. Some hairs are longer and more visible and some are very tiny and still in their baby stage. I figure the same might be for the crown, I just can't get a good look.

I've heard about shedding; the good and the bad. I have hope, and I've only been on this and Nizoral OTC 2-3 times a week for about 6 weeks now. I realize I have a long way to go, but I'm feeling more optimisitc.. I think, haha.

No pics yet, I completely didn't even think of taking them. I'm just hoping for the best.

Cheers!