Attachments

• 20170822_122839.jpg
    20170822_122839.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 302

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Taken today. 10 months on finasteride. Verdict?

View attachment 82236
I have been on and off finasteride for 12 years. When the sides get too much to take i break off it but if it works for you that is great. My recent picture was after 18 months on finasteride & 10% minoxidil so didn't really work that well.

I don't want to comment on your picture as i have not seen a base line picture, has it got better?

MorningGlory

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
20th May 2017: day one on finasteride. I think my hair health/quality has improved but not sure about regrowth.
E98963DA-C67A-4088-9C28-C58E67172C23.jpeg

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think you have had a some good regrowth it may even thicken up more after the 12 month mark. If not maybe a small 1000 graft fue would add enough density to completely fill it in, it looks like your donor area is really good.

MorningGlory

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think you have had a some good regrowth it may even thicken up more after the 12 month mark. If not maybe a small 1000 graft fue would add enough density to completely fill it in, it looks like your donor area is really good.

Thanks man. Yes, I’m fortunate my donor area is ridiculously thick. Ironically as a teenager my thick hair annoyed me because I couldn’t do much with it style wise. I’m 34 but will definitely consider FUE in the near future depending on how my treatments go.

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah i started to lose my crown at 30, sucks big time. A high strength minoxidil would probably sort it out but then again you are kind of stuck in a routine for the rest of your life so it depends if you can be bothered to keep it up. A FUE & finasteride would be the way to have a hassle free existence.

MorningGlory

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah i started to lose my crown at 30, sucks big time. A high strength minoxidil would probably sort it out but then again you are kind of stuck in a routine for the rest of your life so it depends if you can be bothered to keep it up. A FUE & finasteride would be the way to have a hassle free existence.

I actually made a thread in the growth stimulant forum about my plan to start minoxidil at the year mark of being on finasteride. However I think I’ll wait at least another year to see how I get on with my present regimen.

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Does high strength minoxidil work well for the hairline?

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does high strength minoxidil work well for the hairline?
Not really but its been years since i had a natural hairline so your asking the wrong person. I suppose it depends on a lot of things like age, hair loss pattern genetics etc. My hair line was created with a fue 8 years ago but hasn't stopped the rest of it falling out even with finasteride & minoxidil.

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not really but its been years since i had a natural hairline so your asking the wrong person. I suppose it depends on a lot of things like age, hair loss pattern genetics etc. My hair line was created with a fue 8 years ago but hasn't stopped the rest of it falling out even with finasteride & minoxidil.

Thanks for the info. I take it u don't recommend hair transplants then based on your experience? I was thinking of getting my temples restored to a nw2 (currently a heavy 3) and was quoted anywhere from 1500-2500 grafts

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I take it u don't recommend hair transplants then based on your experience? I was thinking of getting my temples restored to a nw2 (currently a heavy 3) and was quoted anywhere from 1500-2500 grafts
It depends upon whether or not your hair loss has stabilised. If you can clearly say to yourself after a year of monitoring and being comfortable on your meds(no sides) that you are not losing any hair then yes why not?

You also have to consider if you would have enough donor hair to be able to have further treatment should you lose other areas. I am not against transplants at all, if i had enough quality donor hair myself then i would have a mega fue, no problem, but I don't so it wont happen.

The problem we all have is that we cant look into the future and see how our hair loss will progress, its just a calculated guess based upon a Norwood chart. I always had fine hair but a lot of it, now its horribly defuse even the transplanted hair has thinned out so i keep it buzzed and i suppose on a good day it looks ok, at least i have a frame to my face, (although my 8 year old thinks i look like batman;@)).

I think for anybody looking for a hair transplant especially in the temple area, the question must be will i be able to stabilise my hair loss first and then will i be able to keep it stable long term. If the answer to either is no then don't do it.

reyl

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Taken today. 10 months on finasteride. Verdict?
Looks like you got a ton of regrowth compared to the other picture you posted, unless the lighting is throwing me off. In any case, your situation improved for sure.

I'm curious but did you have any side effects? I keep hearing this whole thing that if you have side effects, you're more likely to get your hair back as opposed to people who don't get any sides. But I have seen at least one person post that finasteride didn't work for them and they had sides, and then another who said finasteride DID work for them and they only experienced mild sides.

leo_kinghair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Actually, his hairstyle look really good when he was young!

MorningGlory

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like you got a ton of regrowth compared to the other picture you posted, unless the lighting is throwing me off. In any case, your situation improved for sure.

I'm curious but did you have any side effects? I keep hearing this whole thing that if you have side effects, you're more likely to get your hair back as opposed to people who don't get any sides. But I have seen at least one person post that finasteride didn't work for them and they had sides, and then another who said finasteride DID work for them and they only experienced mild sides.

The light might be slightly more forgiving in the more recent picture, but I definitely feel there’s been an improvement in my hair health/quality. Especially since I added Regenepure to my regimen.

The only perceptible side effects I’ve had are fatigue and dry eyes. Maybe some headaches too, but it’s hard to definitively attribute these things to finasteride.