Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
2015 Golf Masters Champion, 22-year old Jordan Spieth:

1RWoEjo.jpg

2016 Golf Masters Champion, 28-year old Danny Willett:

x0JBUkvnwpAy-qi34xMDoxOjA4MTsiGN.jpg

Very similar hair lines and diffuse thinning, one man early 20's, one man late 20's, I encourage you all to do a little poking about on google to see the reaction to their similarly balding hair. But I'll help...

Google Image search Spieth: the very first "related search" is "Jordan Spieth hair"

For Willett in Image Search? Hair doesn't show up as a related search out of several related terms. And actually, when you google "Danny Willet hair" on image search, you even get a lot of pictures of Spieth!

Both names followed by "hair" in google general search "All":

Spieth- countless sports articles and even generally mainstream entertainment articles discussing his baldness, a twitter page devoted to his receding hair line, Larry David baldshaming him and his reaction to this- as they actually f*****g asked him about it in an interview.

Willett: an article from a baldness website, which happens if you google any semi-famous person followed by "hair" or "bald", the rest are mere mentions of hair in tweets from random civilians, some not even relating to baldness. And the 4th result for "Danny Willett hair"? An article about Jordan Spieth's recession.

I just think this perfectly illustrates the world of difference a decade (or even close to half a decade, 6 years) can make when it comes to baldness, and the perception society has of a person who is more mature with a hairline that is somewhat appropriate to that age. Still not pretty, still unfortunate, but not quite a deformity, because it's seen as part of the ageing process.

It may dent your looks sure, but it doesn't obliterate your identity into being inferior and measly.

And the weirdest thing? Facially Willett somewhat meets Spieth in terms of age, Spieth is only somewhat baby-faced in his early 20's, you wouldn't be surprised if slightly weathered Willett was only 2 or 3 years older. So why is this amazing?

People react this way to a young balding man, not just because of how he looks, but because they know his age.

It's not even about aesthetics here, if he was 28 and looked the exact same, he'd get the same muted response to his thinning that Danny Willett gets, that's what's incredible.

This is not to attack people who feel just as sh*t about their hair loss as anyone younger, but to remind us that if you can survive to a certain age while still maintaining somewhat of a hair line and even thinning hair, that is a world of difference than balding young, or being NW4 when 30.

No doubt you look worse, but your status is not destroyed, you are seen as ageing and follically unlucky, with younger guys they don't even get the sympathy of being seen as "unlucky"- nobody even cares.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
that is a world of difference than balding young, or being NW4 when 30.
Especially because there are things you only do at 20 rather than 30:

- partying hard
- being in a rock band
- being foolish without looking like a fool

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't know. Bottom picture, it's worse.

Is the guy on the bottom picture a smoker? (Just wondering..).

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't know. Bottom picture, it's worse.

That's the late 20's guy, who's hair nobody talks about. The early 20's probably has the same hairline (at least when he won the Masters) but less diffuse, yet he got mocked MORE than the older guy with worse hair.

Looks like I'm screwed

Sorry I realise on re-reading how awful this topic is for young norwoods, and it was in the back of my head when writing it but hey, it is the truth, no way of steering away from it. If it can do anything to make you do whatever you can to hold on to as much hair, for as long as possible, try and focus on that.

Of course I'm a 30 year old guy who hates my diffuse thinning, and to a lesser extent my hair line, so this topic could be seen as a huge cope for me.

Although there's probably an element of cope to it I can't control (I mean after all, I definitely saw and grabbed the opportunity to express it on here when I realised this comparison) I do think that in this situation at least it's worth looking at, as to how society reacts to a young balding guy vs one close to middle age.

Perhaps I could have just focused on how nobody really mocks the older guy that much (apart from twitter) but without the direct contrast to a younger guy who won the same tournament only a year before, then it would be seen as just pure 100% cope "of course he isn't getting mocked, he achieved something in sports why would people write about his hair?"

Well, they would, if he was 6 years younger, as proved the year before.

I guess there's no other way of putting across the harsh reality here.

blackg

Reaction score
2015 Golf Masters Champion, 22-year old Jordan Spieth:

1RWoEjo.jpg

2016 Golf Masters Champion, 28-year old Danny Willett:

x0JBUkvnwpAy-qi34xMDoxOjA4MTsiGN

Very similar hair lines and diffuse thinning, one man early 20's, one man late 20's, I encourage you all to do a little poking about on google to see the reaction to their similarly balding hair. But I'll help...

Google Image search Spieth: the very first "related search" is "Jordan Spieth hair"

For Willett in Image Search? Hair doesn't show up as a related search out of several related terms. And actually, when you google "Danny Willet hair" on image search, you even get a lot of pictures of Spieth!

Both names followed by "hair" in google general search "All":

Spieth- countless sports articles and even generally mainstream entertainment articles discussing his baldness, a twitter page devoted to his receding hair line, Larry David baldshaming him and his reaction to this- as they actually f*****g asked him about it in an interview.

Willett: an article from a baldness website, which happens if you google any semi-famous person followed by "hair" or "bald", the rest are mere mentions of hair in tweets from random civilians, some not even relating to baldness. And the 4th result for "Danny Willett hair"? An article about Jordan Spieth's recession.

I just think this perfectly illustrates the world of difference a decade (or even close to half a decade, 6 years) can make when it comes to baldness, and the perception society has of a person who is more mature with a hairline that is somewhat appropriate to that age. Still not pretty, still unfortunate, but not quite a deformity, because it's seen as part of the ageing process.

It may dent your looks sure, but it doesn't obliterate your identity into being inferior and measly.

And the weirdest thing? Facially Willett somewhat meets Spieth in terms of age, Spieth is only somewhat baby-faced in his early 20's, you wouldn't be surprised if slightly weathered Willett was only 2 or 3 years older. So why is this amazing?

People react this way to a young balding man, not just because of how he looks, but because they know his age.

It's not even about aesthetics here, if he was 28 and looked the exact same, he'd get the same muted response to his thinning that Danny Willett gets, that's what's incredible.

This is not to attack people who feel just as sh*t about their hair loss as anyone younger, but to remind us that if you can survive to a certain age while still maintaining somewhat of a hair line and even thinning hair, that is a world of difference than balding young, or being NW4 when 30.

No doubt you look worse, but your status is not destroyed, you are seen as ageing and follically unlucky, with younger guys they don't even get the sympathy of being seen as "unlucky"- nobody even cares.
Great post, h.l. I really think you a making a great point with this.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's the late 20's guy, who's hair nobody talks about. The early 20's probably has the same hairline (at least when he won the Masters) but less diffuse, yet he got mocked MORE than the older guy with worse hair.

Sorry I realise on re-reading how awful this topic is for young norwoods, and it was in the back of my head when writing it but hey, it is the truth, no way of steering away from it. If it can do anything to make you do whatever you can to hold on to as much hair, for as long as possible, try and focus on that.

Of course I'm a 30 year old guy who hates my diffuse thinning, and to a lesser extent my hair line, so this topic could be seen as a huge cope for me.

Although there's probably an element of cope to it I can't control (I mean after all, I definitely saw and grabbed the opportunity to express it on here when I realised this comparison) I do think that in this situation at least it's worth looking at, as to how society reacts to a young balding guy vs one close to middle age.

Perhaps I could have just focused on how nobody really mocks the older guy that much (apart from twitter) but without the direct contrast to a younger guy who won the same tournament only a year before, then it would be seen as just pure 100% cope "of course he isn't getting mocked, he achieved something in sports why would people write about his hair?"

It's worse for older guys like me. Trust me on that.

You think it feels shitty now, wait until your late forties/approaching fifty.

It's much worse. Society will turn their back on older workers. I don't mean sh*t any more. It's the
damn truth.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Especially because there are things you only do at 20 rather than 30:

- partying hard
- being in a rock band
- being foolish without looking like a fool

You can STILL do those things. And looking like a fool? We ALL do that.

Roberto_72, I think you SHOULD BE f*****g ROCK STAR!

Get your guitar. Who cares that you're older than dinasaurs, and a washed out
has been? (Like I am).

Nobody does.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score

has been? (Like I am).

Nobody does.
I play the drums.
But the problem is not the age.
It is the hair.
I remember distinctly that at 25, when I had to decide whether to keep drumming or singing, the bass player said "well, to be honest singers should have more hair, in rock..."
FML.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I play the drums.
But the problem is not the age.
It is the hair.
I remember distinctly that at 25, when I had to decide whether to keep drumming or singing, the bass player said "well, to be honest singers should have more hair, in rock..."
FML.

Tell to f*** HIMSELF! I mean it.

Then beat him with your drum sticks!

After that, if things don't work out for you, you can ALWAYS MODEL ADULT DIAPERS.

That's what old folks do at our age.

blackg

Reaction score

has been? (Like I am).
Nobody does.

Are you drinking?

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can't say for golf
but for Fast and Furious, we Indians have found the correlation and public has accepted this research with open hands.

View attachment 63742

Wow, luda the only man left with anything on his scalp

I wonder if they'll bother casting another white-guy fullhead to replace Paul walkers lucious locks

Saurabhaj

Reaction score
Sometimes i think hairloss don't damage looks for few people l. (I won't put name of anyone).

I have one sketch pic of norwood scale,
this guys look remain good even at norwood 6. (personal opinion).

(This pic was recently updated in google search for norwood scale for hairloss.)
images (2) (4).jpg

Patrick_Bateman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sometimes i think hairloss don't damage looks for few people l. (I won't put name of anyone).

(This pic was recently updated in google search for norwood scale for hairloss.)
View attachment 63750
you think he would slay ludwig scale girl?
ludwig-scale-21.jpg

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

View attachment 63750

Thank you for this eye-opening research, I don't know if anyone has ever seen the likes of it before.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

A few years back this stranger complimented me on my transformers shirt. When he asked me how old i was i lied and said i was 30 xD

f*****g hell it honestly does already feel better thinking/saying im a 24 year old baldie than a 21 year old baldie